Help selecting a camera setup? 2CH, HD, Parking Mode,...

zerodnil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've been reading a lot on this forum and trying to work out the best setup but I am really struggling with the number of options. I have a BMW which somebody recently did a bump and run when parked and this was my main reason for looking.

My main criteria would be as follows.
  • 2 Channel Front and Rear
  • HD footage 720p would be ok
  • Parking mode (sensor based on movement/bump)
  • Good Night vision
  • Inconspicuous
Nice to have
  • Speed camera alerts
  • 4G upload of footage
Price is really no option. My car is my pride and joy so I am willing to pay for a good system.

I really like the Thinkware F750, it has some good features and covers most of my requirements. However I am very concerned that I do a low mileage in my car and running park mode on a camera could drain my battery dramatically. Even with a hard wire protection my battery will constantly be low.

I read that a Cellink B could be another option to combat this. Is there any other options?

I am also very surprised there is not a good 4G upload option or even connect to wifi nearby and upload. I would love to have instant alerts of bumps directly to my phone. Maybe I am just too used to my home security having this option.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

yeah, power supply while parked will be main issue. Best if you start thinking into external power bank solutions or go with Cellink B, which is good product, but unfortunately provides quite limited capacity (mAh) where you have to re-charge it at home nearly every day.

My other concern is that it appears that the Thinkware F750 does not support Parking Mode unless hardwired. If i'm correct using Cellink B it would be using non-hardwired.

So it could be the BlackVue DR650GW-2CH is the better option if using the Cellink Battery B. Is that correct?

I decided on the BlackVue due to the cloud features and more inconspicuous design over the Thinkware. Now when parked next to my house my wifi signal connects to it and can upload any parking movements to the cloud. So if somebody decides to steal my camera I will have them!

Combining it with the Celllink B was really easy and with no experience managed to fit it all in an hour.

Back