Help with Registratorviewer please.

Bluenose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 622GW
An incident occurred today whilst I was driving home and, I would like to see if I can do something about it.

I have a file showing a piece of appalling driving from the rear and from the front. What I would like to do is 'link' the two files together if this is possible. The single file would then show the driver coming up behind me and then coming round me whilst waiting at a red light and then continuing on his 'merry way' having driven through the said red light.

My question is "can these files be linked to become one file?"

One other question please. After having quite a few problems with 'battery drain-down' some time ago, it was recommended that I revert to software version 1.09.xx I think it is. I did this and it has been very stable for me and I do not have any problems at the moment. Will I be better off to stay as I am or is the latest upgrade stable enough to move to?

Many thanks.

My question is "can these files be linked to become one file?"
If they are both in the file list in RV then it is easy, you just select the first, play to the start of your new video, right click the time line and say Set A, play to the end of your first segment, right click and Set B, then right click Save Video Fragment. Don't bother saving it at that point, just go back to the main RV window and select the second file, mark the A and B, Save Selected Fragment and your Save window now contains two fragments, now save your new video. Done.

Hi Nigel, Thank you for coming in on this one. I now have two fragments in RV but I can't seem to fathom out how to save them as one.

I was a bit confused with your reply where you said (after doing the a and b bits) Save Video Fragment (I assume you meant Save Selected Fragmnet) but then you went on to say "don't bother saving it at that point" that's where I got confused.
I need to point out that I am a 75 year old grey haired old codger that needs lots of guidance!! Thanks for being so helpful.

Just highlight the two fragments and click on save video, it'll join them together.
Or clear the right pane, add those two files after saving and then save all.

Sorry! I don't appear to have an option to 'Save Video' If I highlight the two fragments and then right click on them I have a 'Save whole group' come up, is that the one?

By the way, when I do try saving anything within this software, I keep getting a box appear that is headed 'Cutting' and there is a 'Start' and 'cancel' button' at the bottom with a load of gobbldygook within the box.
This box comes up when I click on 'Save whole group' too

Hi Nigel, Thank you for coming in on this one. I now have two fragments in RV but I can't seem to fathom out how to save them as one.

I was a bit confused with your reply where you said (after doing the a and b bits) Save Video Fragment (I assume you meant Save Selected Fragmnet) but then you went on to say "don't bother saving it at that point" that's where I got confused.
I need to point out that I am a 75 year old grey haired old codger that needs lots of guidance!! Thanks for being so helpful.
I was explaining from memory so I'm sure you understand not getting the menu items perfect, I don't like to put too much detail at the first attempt because then I get accused of treating people as stupid!

After Save Selected Fragment you should get the "Cutting" window with a list of 1 file and a Start button at the bottom, you need to go back to the other window and add your second fragment to the Cutting window in the same way you added the first. Then press Start once there are 2 fragments in the list. That should give you the joined file...

Yes, on that box, just set start and end time if you don't want to do any cutting beforehand and save.
If you don't do anything there, it'll join the videos with displayed length.

I've now got the two files in the 'Cutting' box but when I press 'Start' I simply get an 'Errror' box appear with the word 'Result' in it.

So sorry to be such a pain.

Did you give a name/location of where the new joined file will be saved?

Upload screenshots on what you are seeing.
It's pretty simple.

I've now got the two files in the 'Cutting' box but when I press 'Start' I simply get an 'Errror' box appear with the word 'Result' in it.

So sorry to be such a pain.
You need a filename in the box just above the Start button, normally it has one already but if it hasn't then enter one, might be worth clicking "..." at the end and selecting a folder too so that you know where the file gets put...

I wish I'd started using computers when I was much much younger.

I am now getting an error message that starts off "Different Format"

Are there any printed instructions anywhere that I can download to avoid pestering you folk so much?

If the front and rear are different resolutions then Registrator Viewer can not join them, they need to be reencoded by a proper video editor.

I suggest Windows Movie Maker if you have a PC, that is really quite simple and free. The end result is not as good quality as using Registrator Viewer and it will take a lot longer but it is easy to understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still having problems with this folks. Even if I don't try to do any 'cutting' and just have the two 'full' files open in RV and then 'Group' them, I still cannot get the two file to run as one file. I am obviously doing something wrong here.

Do you have windows movie maker?
You can drag and drop video files and process it to make one

Yes I do have Moviemaker but when I come to run the file, although you can see it, it does look as though it's running under water, not very good really.

Back