Hi from S.E. Michigan

ZRXwannabe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all. I am new to dashcam talk but have been lurking for a few days. I have been wanting a dash cam for a while but just recently began researching them. I knew I wanted a relatively low end unite and was really looking at the A118 camera but have always been a little leery of quality from some of the Chinese made products. Plus even more afraid of customer service should there be a problem. Then I found the SG9665GPS from Street Guardian. It looks exactly like the other but they have made some upgrades to it, especially with the firmware. So I ordered one from Pier28 with the GPS and the card coming with it. First let me say 2 thumbs up to Pier28. I ordered on Thursday and it arrived on Saturday. Very fast shipping and well packaged. As for the camera it seems well made and all though I have only really made one video with it in my truck it so far performs as well as Street Guardian said it would. I am happy so far.

I also downloaded Register Viewer and played with that a bit. It would be nice if someone would put together a complete set of instructions for that program. I am pretty good at figuring out things but many are not. The one thing I haven't figured out is it says you can rotate videos 180 degrees but I can not figure out how. Is this program capable of this and if so how do you do it. This question is why I posted in the part of the forum. If admin feel it should be moved elsewhere then of course feel free and I apologize.

The reason I asked about rotating is because I have other videos saved on my computer that I shot with my smart phone turned the wrong way so there actually saved 90 degrees off.. The description page for RV says this
"Reflect video horizontally or vertically. Together - rotate by 180 degrees to view the records, if the registrator was hanged upside down."
Or am I misinterpreting that line and it means something other then rotating the video. I just figured if this program can do that then I don't need another program just for that reason.

I also downloaded Register Viewer and played with that a bit. It would be nice if someone would put together a complete set of instructions for that program. I am pretty good at figuring out things but many are not. The one thing I haven't figured out is it says you can rotate videos 180 degrees but I can not figure out how. Is this program capable of this and if so how do you do it. This question is why I posted in the part of the forum. If admin feel it should be moved elsewhere then of course feel free and I apologize.
In Registrator Viewer, go to the Zoom menu and Choose Flip Vertical and Flip Horizontal.

You need both to do a Rotate 180 - That is what it says in the instructions if you can read Chinglish ;)

In Registrator Viewer, go to the Zoom menu and Choose Flip Vertical and Flip Horizontal.

You need both to do a Rotate 180 - That is what it says in the instructions if you can read Chinglish ;)
Thank you. I didn't see them at first because I had to switch the renderer to VMR in order to see them. That does work for 180 degree but doesn't seem to for 90 degree on the one video I tried. It also makes play back jumpy and parts of it pixalated. I guess if I want to flip 90 I will have to use another program for that.

Back