Hi-viz vs Stealth : Riding gear color

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Twin standard horns (high and low notes) are by far the easiest to install, finding a space for long air horns from where the sound can easily get outside can be difficult. If you do want air horns then avoid the Italian built ones (that seems to be most car air horns), they may sound a little nicer but they all use bronze diaphragms which corrode and suffer metal fatigue fairly quickly. Cheap Chinese ones use plastic diaphragms and are much more reliable, just don't sound Italian!

A standard car air horn is loud enough, if you have it louder then you can't use it half the time you would normally use a horn!

It's cool to wear black...

It's cool to wear black...
Not necessary here, but you do have to make a nasty noise and overtake everything in sight even if you don't have enough power to get up the hill! :

Not necessary here, but you do have to make a nasty noise and overtake everything in sight even if you don't have enough power to get up the hill! :I[/MEDIA]
That's not very nice from you, you neutered him:p

Walmart has Dickies brand high viz dry and cool breathable shirts in the orange and yellow for around 10 dollars give it take if anyone is looking.

I bought a few. They are very comfortable.

That's not very nice from you, you neutered him:p
I was really surprised at how fast he ran out of power, he was going a lot faster than me as he came along side, I was keeping a constant speed, and dropped a couple of mph on the gps when I realised he wasn't going get a comfortable gap, started to slow a bit more but the gap got shorter and I didn't like the noise so...

and he even downshifted to try to maintain speed, but just couldn't do it. at least he got out of the fast lane without completely cutting you off.

and he even downshifted to try to maintain speed, but just couldn't do it. at least he got out of the fast lane without completely cutting you off.
Here is the rear view, he had plenty of power for the flat bit:

Hmm, I'm sure I was doing 60mph ... according to this, "The speed limit for vehicles displaying L plates is 45 mph (72km/h)"), I must have been doing 30 mph!

this thread was fresh in my mind when i came across two cyclists with different takes on making themselves visible. one worked kinda ok, but one worked exceedingly well and was not obnoxious.

Here’s another video, showing you black helmet / outfit and white helmet / jacket back to back.

Which one is easier to spot ?

Notice how the female passenger who’s wearing white helmet and white jacket stays visible against constantly changing background color?

Next (if possible), I will try to take video / photo of the frontal image of Hi-viz vs Stealth.

If only the all black bikers would paint their wheels proper Hi-Viz:

Florescent.jpg

:D

Back