UK Police | London | Murder of 87 year old man riding mobility scooter | Appeal for dashcam footage

chatmandu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
British police have appealed for dash cam footage from anybody in the Western Avenue area of London.

Location of murder

BBC News
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62575679

Detectives investigating the murder of a grandfather stabbed while riding a mobility scooter have released images of a man seen running from the scene armed with a knife.
Thomas O'Halloran, 87, died on Cayton Road, Greenford, west London, after being attacked just after 16:00 BST on Tuesday.
Ch Supt Sean Wilson said it was an act of "unprovoked violence".
Police now want to identify the man from CCTV as a matter of urgency.
He is described as wearing grey shorts, a dark coloured T-shirt, a white baseball cap and white patterned builder style gloves.
Det Ch Insp Jim Eastwood, who is leading the investigation, said: "He is clearly a dangerous individual and people are advised not to approach him, but to call us immediately on 999 if they know him or have any information regarding his whereabouts."

Speaking at the crime scene at midday Ch Supt Wilson said: "We believe that Mr O'Halloran was stabbed on Western Avenue before managing to travel 75 yards or so on his mobility scooter to Runnymede Gardens where he flagged down a member of the public for help," he said.
"So, please. If you saw anything we do need to hear from you."

Targeting a old guy on a mobility scooter,,,,,, what a classy criminal he is. :sick::mad:

He is clearly a dangerous individual

Well if i had seen that, then,,,,,, the rest is self censorship as on something like this i am NOT in line with what most societies do in cases like this.

Only a few miles from me.

I can only guess that this moron wasn't carrying a mobile phone because that's how a lot of criminals are caught, via tracking.

I do hope 'it' is caught soon.

If I see any update, as I'm local, I'll post.

Update : *** 44 year old arrested ***

Last edited:
Targeting a old guy on a mobility scooter,,,,,, what a classy criminal he is. :sick::mad:

Well if i had seen that, then,,,,,, the rest is self censorship as on something like this i am NOT in line with what most societies do in cases like this.
Since he had armed himself, you would be welcome to use your baseball bat in any way you wanted here!
Sensible criminals don't carry weapons in Great Britain.

This must have been a decent dashcam fitted in a truck?
Or a very decent CCTV from the other side of the street :unsure:

_126352206_6a801aaffe4292122ab81ad0858f0e55bceae2a7.jpg

that's how a lot of criminals are caught, via tracking.

Well that have also been the case here,,,,, until someone found out that that realm are also permitted with incompetence, and so many thousand trials had to be discarded or redone.
As i remember the police software to make sense of this data was garbage too, or maybe the police just dident know how to use it

Me and many many 1000 of people are waiting ( some for about a year ) for various permits from the police, as they are again trying to phase in a new software, and again utter incompetence is in play, probably both from the police and who ever made the software.

And now i have to grab my 27" monitor so i dont blow it over when i sigh hard. :confused:

Back