Hide the wire

DorDash

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi guys, another simple questions...
Can you please show me how to hide the wire of the dash-cam in a simple way like in this photo?
1538081088526.png
How and what should I do so the wire will remain in its place...
In my car now, the wire is just a stright from the cam to the spark plug. I want to keep connecting the dash to this plug, and without ruinning the car's dash covers...

Also you are more than welcome to share how you set your dash-cam and its wires in your cars.
Thank again :)

In my car now, the wire is just a stright from the cam to the spark plug.

expect you'll get some ignition noise doing that :p

seriously though have a look in the where did you mount your camera thread, there's enough photos there to show you what to do, plenty of tutorials on YouTube also if you search how to install a dashcam

Much of the trim pieces and roof lining pull away from the edge very easily in most cars to be able to tuck the wire behind, when you get to the door edge, the rubber seal also will just pull back, allowing you to tuck the wire behind to run it down to the side of the glove box, then you can either use adhesive wire clips to run the cable along the bottom of the glove box just out of site with the wire coming out near the 12v port, or you can even have the wire tucked up in the glove box hinges if the lid will close without squashing the wire. I did that with my front cam anyway, inside the glovebox lid above the hinges

@jokiin
More quations: I've checked and seems that TS records only on 1080P . Everytime I set to 1440P but it changes to 1080P. TS can't be also in 1440P resolution? and if so, what is better - 1440P-MP4 or 1080PTS? I would like to record TS video with 1440P but seems I can't...

and what about the WDR - is there a bug? WDR OFF is actually WDR ON? can anyone tell?

4.01 Version firmware

those questions I can't answer, I don't have one of these cameras to know those specific answers

@jokiin
More quations: I've checked and seems that TS records only on 1080P . Everytime I set to 1440P but it changes to 1080P. TS can't be also in 1440P resolution? and if so, what is better - 1440P-MP4 or 1080PTS? I would like to record TS video with 1440P but seems I can't...

and what about the WDR - is there a bug? WDR OFF is actually WDR ON? can anyone tell?

4.01 Version firmware

1440p works with .TS

Untitled.png

In the screen of the dashcam it wrtieen 1080P while I put it to rec on TS...
which version you are with?

and what about the WDR? I read that viofo might have a bug

My A119 is on 4.0.

WDR is working fine, take a look

I have 4.01

I don't see a changelog anywhere. I'd wait till the firmware is available on their main website or at least till we know what's changed.

Last edited:
In the screen of the dashcam it wrtieen 1080P while I put it to rec on TS...
which version you are with?
1. change a video format to a .TS (I think the camera will reboot, don't remember exactly),
2. change the resolution to 1440P.
3. after exiting the Menu double check the resolution if it still 1440P, if not - stop the recording and change it to 1440P.

Back