Hoping this performs better than the K1

My primary concern regarding it was if there was a problem I wanted it documented. There are lens covers (Little peel off ones) and the cables were twist tied together, it was just sloppy.

I'm installing this on a Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro and it is going to be a beast to find a home for it. It has a cell phone charger below the seat that is a big plastic shroud that covers most of the frame, I may end up removing the shroud altogether because I don't want to charge my phone under the seat anyway and it would give me a lot more room to work. I'm going to look into one of those wiring harnesses as they look promising though, just need to figure out what plug options I have.

Glad to hear that it has twist ties and temporary peel off plastic lens protectors. The photo didn't really show that at all. Chinese manufactured dash cams are usually meticulously packaged.

That was why I was as concerned as I was about it. My first thought was I got a poorly boxed return. However it seems to be fine. I just have to account for the stunning lack of storage space under the seat.

That was why I was as concerned as I was about it. My first thought was I got a poorly boxed return. However it seems to be fine. I just have to account for the stunning lack of storage space under the seat.
I thought it looked like a customer return too. I'm still not totally convinced but I'm sure the camera is fine. If there's a problem @OCD Tronic will resolve it for you.

We haven’t had any K3 returns yet so not possible.

Every K3 had its firmware updated to the latest available at the time, and were tested on the bench.

We repacked everything as carefully as possible. It’s very difficult to repack though as you can see.

Canadian [emoji1063] K3 orders were temporarily shipped from the USA over the last couple of weeks. Customs having a look at the boarder is the only logical explanation. Rare, but I’ve seen it happen with other products we’ve shipped internationally over the years.

Maybe we should add a disclaimer on our website that international shipments are subject to customs inspections and may appear opened. Whoever did it, they didn’t put it back together correctly and was not very nice of them.

We always tried to keep things as professional as possible we even have a microfiber cloth on the bench to wipe off any fingerprints.

9e46133a1684656b6716670eb7e46055.jpg

Yeah things seem to be fine, I'm still working out where I am going to get keyed power from on the bike but otherwise it's installed as good as it's probably going to get. There is a stunning lack of space below the seat on the Tiger 900. Took the tool kit out because it was pointless and it gave me a spot to install the unit.
1619651941468.png

Update on keyed power, the brake light power is adequate and doesn't trigger a CANBUS error as I feared. Either it's not really a problem or the K3 doesn't pull enough off the keyed power to make a difference.

The app still doesn't load the video preview and just has the little dotted circle spinning but I can definitely tell video is recording. It's supposed to be decent the next couple days so I'll try to get out and do a ride to verify it's recording as expected.

I noticed a couple times while I was putting the bike together that the GPS light would come on and the camera light would flash several times before going out again. I can't find anything in the manual to explain what that is but I would guess it's park mode?

I have been using it for a couple months now and it does appear to be working considerably more reliably. The phone connection doesn't work for viewing as it just sits and spins like it's trying to connect for video. It works to configure the device but beyond working once or twice during the initial setup I've never been able to view through the phone.

I've been communicating with their support and sent them a bunch of information including a UDID 11 days ago and haven't heard a peep from them since.

I have been using it for a couple months now and it does appear to be working considerably more reliably. The phone connection doesn't work for viewing as it just sits and spins like it's trying to connect for video. It works to configure the device but beyond working once or twice during the initial setup I've never been able to view through the phone.

I've been communicating with their support and sent them a bunch of information including a UDID 11 days ago and haven't heard a peep from them since.

Seems to be a random iOS related bug only affecting a small group of iPhone customres. I've been unable to reproduce the problem using my iPhone 12 Pro Max. Engineers are looking into it now.

I sure hope they are, it's still been radio silence from them. I'm on an iPhone 12.

Back