How many of you run 2 front Cameras?

Triggerfish

Reaction score
Country
United States
After years of running dash cams, I've started using 2 front cameras, that way I always have double coverage to make sure I have video of an event when I need it.

Recently, I was given a VAVA 2K as a gift, and it's perfect for swiveling around to tape inside the car or in case I get pulled over. I run a DR900S-2CH in the front also under my rearview mirror.

I know it may be overkill for some, but it really is simple to just run 2 cams in the front so I do.

Anyone else do this?

Attachments

• IMG_0979.jpg
    IMG_0979.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0980 (1).jpg
    IMG_0980 (1).jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 33
Think you'll find there are some regulars here that run multiple cameras, I have four in the front right now but that's for test purposes, I generally have two at minimum at anytime, sometimes have quite a few more than my current setup, depends what we're working on at the time

Ever since one of my cameras wasn't recording properly, and didn't notify me of the problem, I've run two cameras in the front for well over a year now. Since it seems like approximately 85% of important data will come from the front, I feel more confident that I will have at least one good video if something happens. There are so many variables that can affect camera functioning–memory card function, electrical connection, functioning of the camera itself, if the warnings are operating properly,etc. I just feel more secure this way. When I rent cars, I usually just put a single temporary camera in the front–I'm always a bit nervous having only one camera there.

5 cameras in the front.
3 regular cameras - one zoom with 12 mm lens, and the B1W facing inward to film the cabin.
But 2 cameras like nutsey are all you really need, if you are worried about what go on in the cabin or at the door a 3 camera might be needed.

8 cameras in total in my car. ( tester )

Always at least two front and one rear in our cars.
Sometimes additional side cams or paired cameras angled towards the corners.

-

Usually 2 in the front, sometimes 3. A third is sometimes one mounted on top of the dash mostly used for 'parking', since the power source there is always on, the overhead power source is switched with the ignition. No rear camera easily possible in the truck, side cameras are a pain in the butt, so rarely use them in the truck.

I have three front, three rear, so a total of six cameras. Nothing for the interior cab, but working on it.

I was involved in an accident last December whilst testing 6 cameras up front. Only two of them captured the other car's number plate - the rest were too blurred. After that I decided to run at least two front facing cameras. I now have three up front including a telephoto and a 4K, two at the back including another telephoto, plus one each side.

Last edited:
4 out the front and 2 out the back ..

3 front and 3 rear.

Front - main A129 Duo, backup A119 V2 and Mobius 1 with a 12mm telephoto lens. Currently I also have a Mobius Maxi with a 12mm telephoto to compare with the Mobius in the front.

Rear - A129 Duo rear camera, Mobius with an 8mm telephoto lens and a stock Mobius 2 looking inward from the rear.

For recording while parked I have the A129 Duo running low-bitrate or 5fps time-lapse Marking Mode and I also leave the inward facing Mobius 2 recording.

Though I've never had any major reliability issues with any of my current cameras or cards, the possibility of a memory card or power supply failing is very real, cameras and firmware can fail too. For the front at least I feel a backup camera is a must.

Plan is the eventually have one main wide-angle, one backup wide-angle, one telephoto and one 4K for the front. For the rear one wide-angle and one telephoto I think are enough, a backup wouldn't actually hurt. Sides, ideally I'd like dedicated lenses looking out rear passenger windows. Almost there.

I sometimes run 2 front cams either for testing or comparison. I want to get a Mobius telephoto going up there but I'm short on SD cards at the moment. I may reconfigure things today as work got rained out and and see if I can use my only extra card (4gb) for a side cam, as I thing that will be adequate in one position.

Phil

Hmm, I didn't know anything about using a Mobius Zoom up front, so I will soon be running 3 up front and experimenting with that. :) That's brilliant and solves the potential problem of not getting a tag from a distance.

I also run 2 cameras on the side, I power these with a portable USB brick when I'm away from my truck.

Attachments

• IMG_0978.jpg
    IMG_0978.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0976.jpg
    IMG_0976.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 37
yes the far more discreet street view car, for use in countries that don't allow for that but we do it anyway cuz,,,, well we are google.

I run 2 for testing myself. I am still new to the game and low budget, as this is more of a side hobby to my bread and butter job.

in my truck i run an F800 pro for front and rear, but also run a viofo a119 for the 1440p video quality and just having redundancy i guess.

thats not including any I am testing at the time.

3 looking out the front with one of those cases duo so 1 at the back.

Back