How not to pull out into traffic.

theoldfart

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How not to pull out into traffic.

Crash and then Run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get rid of all of the junk in your van. Luckily something didn't roll down and get lodged behind your brake pedal in the crash.

I had that happen to me but not during an accident. A Gatorade bottle rolled behind the brake and I couldn't brake. Luckily the passenger was able to fish it out in time for me.

^ yeah, that.
Also, mount the cam on your windscreen to get a better view.
I would have pulled up directly behind the car so as to get a clearer pic of the number plate.
I notice the guy jumped out & started having a go at you. In future, not worth mentioning the cam, these dipsticks love to shout the loudest & would no doubt have been straight onto their insurance telling them how they were just driving along & you came from nowhere & rammed them.
Best just to get out & exchange details, take pics etc. Then, when you get home, you can really go to town on the b'stard on your insurance claim.

I think this video is about what we seen on the street, not about the interior of the car!

In plus: If the date is set correctly, this is a video from 2010: ages before the current dash cam generations.
so don't blame 'theoldfart' for the mounting position etc.

I had nothing to comment in regards to the crash so I commented on the junk in the car.

adorfer said:
I think this video is about what we seen on the street, not about the interior of the car!

In plus: If the date is set correctly, this is a video from 2010: ages before the current dash cam generations.
so don't blame 'theoldfart' for the mounting position etc.

4th feb 2010

And that vid was also ages before the current dashcam generations - but still mounted in the windscreen - what's your point?

In my defence with regards positioning, the cam had no screen and was attached with a 3m pad - so it was a case of point and hope.

The date and time are wrong.
The dashcam kept refusing to startup and needed resetting often.

I since replaced it with a newer unit that works better.

Mounting it on the windscreen blocked too much vision and I considered it unsafe, so mounted it on the bulkhead.

enter on your front whiteout give any signal and argue loud , the asswhole thinks he right ... lol..

by the way you need better camera , this thing is bare visible. can´t catch any plate detail.

the things on your panel can become a weapon in case crash and throw it your face , be careful at it.

have an video here of Vicovation , mounted on place close where you mounted yours , check difference, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS7JkDhkcyQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Just shows how good a driver this other bloke is... 0:45, he turns - directly in the path of an oncoming transit. A dirty great big, bright yellow, transit - who quite clearly sounds their horn.

The bloke clearly isn't safe to be let out on the roads. He is clearly oblivious to any/every danger out there.
He is clearly a knob

sludgeguts said:
Just shows how good a driver this other bloke is... 0:45, he turns - directly in the path of an oncoming transit. A dirty great big, bright yellow, transit - who quite clearly sounds their horn.

The bloke clearly isn't safe to be let out on the roads. He is clearly oblivious to any/every danger out there.
He is clearly a knob
Clearly.

:lol:

Back