Driver pulls out across the road just in front of me

Paul Iddon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 Pro 4K, A129 Pro Duo 4K, A229 Duo 2K, & NB 522GW
Always feels closer when your in the driving seat than the camera portrays - and this one felt pretty close....

Always feels closer when your in the driving seat than the camera portrays - and this one felt pretty close....

Just zoom the video in a little, then the camera shows it as it was!

I do that with near misses, crop out the length of the bonnet, giving what is technically an accurate representation

I did crop one a bit, but this will do.

I was driving a bit slower than the speed limit - at the point before having to brake and swerve I was doing 23, and went down to 11.

Had I been at 30mph, I would almost certainly have been within a few feet rather than a few metres...

I did crop one a bit, but this will do.

I was driving a bit slower than the speed limit - at the point before having to brake and swerve I was doing 23, and went down to 11.

Had I been at 30mph, I would almost certainly have been within a few feet rather than a few metres...
On the video it looks like he wouldn't have been able to see you earlier without sticking his nose out and blocking your way, so I'm not sure he did anything wrong, just the road layout and parking mean that it is not a safe place to be doing more than 20mph.

However what I see on the video probably isn't what I would think in real life, often a problem with dashcams, by zooming in or out you can completely change the way people see things! I did notice your 23mph at the bottom so didn't comment.

An Hour To Catch A Killer.jpg
Cheers mate :)

Paul.

I see you have a Nextbase dash cam. One was used as evidence by Northumbria police in the documentary "An Hour To Catch A Killer" which was on TV last Thursday night. It was very interesting.

Last edited:
I see you have a Nextbase dash cam. One was used as evidence by Northumbria police in the documentary "An Hour To Catch A Killer" which was on TV last Thursday night. It was very interesting.

I watched it too. Pretty good.

Mine is a 412 but I'm upgrading shortly...

:eek: that was poor judgment from that car, on behalf of all little red car owners i would like to convey our apologies :D

:eek: that was poor judgment from that car, on behalf of all little red car owners i would like to convey our apologies :D

LOL.... I'll forgive you Kamkar - but maybe not the chap here, heheheh...

Paul.

speaking of how distance is distorted or at least looks different in the camera...

this guy tried to run me into the guardrail on purpose. i swerved the way i did because i was 100% certain there was about to be contact, and i didn't want to be pushed into the wall, which would probably cause my Toyota Rav4 to roll over, so i intended to "push back" as it were. turns out there was no contact, but it had to have been only a few cm away.

keep in mind that in my normal seating position, i can't see the hood/bonnet of my vehicle at all. no, i don't lean back or anything - i sit quite upright. but the camera is mounted in front of the rearview, which is at least a foot ahead of me and several inches higher.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/ford-taurus-tries-to-run-me-into-the-barrier.29074/

I saw that vid when I joined the forum - I wondered if the driver of the white car was on something such as drugs...

Perspective is a funny old thing - our eyes are not usually duplicated in their field of view in dashcams so its difficult...

Back