How to apply the 0.5mm 3M EVA Foam Pad to your VIOFO A119S DashCam

Man, follow the video... I thought I'd be smarter to take out the center cut-out before applying the foam to the camera... that foam stretches like crazy. I was able to make it work because I was pretty gentle still, but I can see it stretching and tearing easily.

Definitely apply the whole thing at once (removing center after) or the thin edge piece stretches all over.

I just noticed a negative review about the A119EVA foam pad listing on Amazon.

Customer:
"Before installing the pad I checked out a You tube video concerning its installation. The first step, it was stated, was to properly position the thinnest side of the pad onto the camera. How do I determine the thinnest part of a 0.5 mm pad? Must I distinguish between 0.5 mm and 0.4 mm? I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it for the other two pads I had ruined, either. I think the guy on the video, must have had a very good day. Or maybe he took many video takes before releasing that one. If the pad installation is so easy why do you think the company is including 4 of them with the sale of new cameras?"

I wanted to clarify what I meant by "thinnest edge" (see bottom of this photo)

3jLzWJi.jpg

R00sKtl.jpg

I just noticed a negative review about the A119EVA foam pad listing on Amazon.

Customer:
"Before installing the pad I checked out a You tube video concerning its installation. The first step, it was stated, was to properly position the thinnest side of the pad onto the camera. How do I determine the thinnest part of a 0.5 mm pad? Must I distinguish between 0.5 mm and 0.4 mm? I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it for the other two pads I had ruined, either. I think the guy on the video, must have had a very good day. Or maybe he took many video takes before releasing that one. If the pad installation is so easy why do you think the company is including 4 of them with the sale of new cameras?"

I wanted to clarify what I meant by "thinnest edge"
"Thinnest" was probably a poor choice of words, as many people would read it as implying a difference in thickness. "Narrowest" would have been better. Or, better yet, just illustrate using that lower photo.

Has this problem been fixed in the latest issue A119s model with the GPS .. or is this problem with rattle Cam still with the current model?

I am considering which rear Cam to get .. and the A119s is a contender

Actually, I'm not that interested in a GPS anyway. Can you still get them without .. or are they included in the package?

Last edited:
Has this problem been fixed in the latest issue A119s model with the GPS .. or is this problem with rattle Cam still with the current model?

I am considering which rear Cam to get .. and the A119s is a contender

Actually, I'm not that interested in a GPS anyway. Can you still get them without .. or are they included in the package?

There's no rattle (if present earlier) once the EVA foam pad is affixed, V1 or V2.

There's no rattle (if present earlier) once the EVA foam pad is affixed, V1 or V2.

So .. does VIOFO now issue them all with the Foam installed as a preventative measure .. until designers address the problem and eliminate it in the next factory run?

Last edited:
So .. does VIOFO now issue them all now with the Foam installed as a preventative measure for all units ... or do they simply respond to complaints of rattling now aware that it is a problem?

EVA Foam is included in the accessories box of every new A119 V2 / A119S V2

There were a few miss-packs though recently where EVA foam was missing. I've had about 5 customers report the EVA was missing. I let the factory know and the accessory box packing QA will be improved.

@viofo Reps

Please feel free to contribute at any time on behalf of your Company .. ??

They EVA foam doesn't come pre-attached. You have to follow my video with all new units.

Is there a specific question that's not being answered here? I have direct communication with the factory if so and can ask.

I am a potential Customer of VIOFO .. and simply observing how they handle issues with their products.

Last edited:
I am a potential Customer of VIOFO .. and simply observing how they handle issues with their products.

They asked me to help sell and support their products because they need to delegate support such as on dashcamtalk. (and know I'm up to the task) They try to come on here when they can, but aren't here every day like myself.

You .. and others on this forum do an excellent job. Best Customer Service I've ever come across. Impressive .. ;D
It's really nice to be among people on a Forum with such high standards of looking after folks having a problem ... or seeking assistance.

Last edited:
It's as though - If you can't keep up with the high standard that the rest of us Retailers keep - don't bother showing up.

You .. and others on this forum do an excellent job. Best Customer Service I've ever come across. Impressive .. ;D
It's really nice to be among people on a Forum with such high standards of looking after folks having a problem ... or seeking assistance.

you don't get a second chance to make a first impression, I think when things go wrong (try as you like, it happens) then customer service is the big difference between sellers, my belief anyway

Received the pads today. Thanks to OCD Tronic for the assistance.

The Youtube video was plenty clear to me.

I found that fitting the pad as close to the contact pins edge and the lens edge as possible gave the best results.

Does removing the wobble between the camera and the GPS resolve the powering through GPS issue that some people were having, or is that a different issue? I'm powering through the side as I don't want the issue to have arisen when I needed a file, but would prefer to power through the GPS all things being equal.

Does removing the wobble between the camera and the GPS resolve the powering through GPS issue that some people were having, or is that a different issue? I'm powering through the side as I don't want the issue to have arisen when I needed a file, but would prefer to power through the GPS all things being equal.
Seems to be a mixed bag. Some say it has helped, while others say it did not. I would continue to power directly into the camera.

It helps a bit yes, but if you have a A119/A119S V1 best to continue powering off the side of the camera rather than using the V1 GPS pass through connections.

A119/A119S V2 is stable and GPS pass through power connections are rock solid so far

All I did was look up an image of the EVA Pad already installed and figured out how to do it. Really sad about the negative review.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V A119S 2
I A119S 1
F A119S 28
Back