How to attach camera to NOT my own helmet?

Alex6999

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I going to visit action park xplor, they provide helmet, I cant use tape or drill hole in it, how to mount camera?
I don't have camera yet, I thinking to buy GitUP Git2P

looks like I need some kind of belt....... GitUP Git2P does not have belts in set.
Can you recommend me what to buy?
another camera or may be mount kit?

helmet looks like this
xplor-park-cancun.jpg

Thanks

All mounts for action cameras are stick on with dual sided tape, so "easy" to get off again, O and i wrote "easy" cuz the stuff do and should stick real good to hold a camera, but it is possible to get off again just take a little effort and some minutes, and you probably dont even need solvents.

For helmets that are curved the mount you stick to the helmet are also curved to some degree.
Kits / the stuff needed could look like this.
Helmet-Front-Mount-For-Gopro-Helmet-Mount-for-Xiaomi-Yi-4K-II-Gopro-Curved-Adhesive-J.jpg_640x640.jpg

easypix-goxtreme-helmet-mount-3925-p.jpg

Some times you can also use a flexible band around on the helmet, not the strongest mount but if you are not encountering high speeds or impacts that should be fine too.

Off course mounts are brand / model specific so not interchangeable as far as i know.

All mounts for action cameras are stick on with dual sided tape, so "easy" to get off again, O and i wrote "easy" cuz the stuff do and should stick real good to hold a camera, but it is possible to get off again just take a little effort and some minutes, and you probably dont even need solvents.
If you take it off the same day it went on then it normally comes off fairly easily, however if using it immediately after fixing then it would be wise to also use some form of tether in case it comes off at the wrong time. Also take something to clean the area you are sticking it, they don't stick to grease or fingerprints.

O forgot that.

Yes if sticking clean surface first, glue and grease dont mix well.
And yes to safety tether too just to be on the safe side, helmet do look well ventilated so no problem feeding a little pice of string in somewhere.

Wondering what the helmet are for, look like a generic safety helmet for climbing and so on.

Okay doing the non ADD thing i actually read your first post and it seem like sticking camera to helmet are out of the question, and then i googled a little and it seem like you are heading to Mexico :)

Maybe you should consider a chest harness too, i am not 100% sure if the elastic helmet mount can grip that well on that design helmet.

Maybe contact the resort and hear, they really should accommodate this i think at such a place.

http://www.gitup.com/mounts/25-adjustable-headband-head-strap-belt-mount.html
http://www.gitup.com/mounts/23-adju...rness-camcorder-shoulder-strap-for-git12.html

Maybe a package.
http://www.gitup.com/mounts/58-gp59-head-strap-belt-mount-chest-belt-strap-harness-mount.html

Would it be easier to contact Xplor and see if they would allow you to use your own helmet?

Yeah they really should have rental camera enabled helmets and the possibility to reserve one such helmet accommodating what ever brand action camera.

I would say i could do with a little of that action stuff, but i think i would be better lying on my back on Bondi beach, and then maybe be a nuance to Rick when he get off work :p

Back