How to battery power for 8 hours

Or better the whole set?
image.jpg

dbusguy,
If you do not find a short cable with the two ends you want, it would be easy for a business that does custom wiring to splice the original 90 degree power wire to the battery pack power wire. There are typically two wires (power & ground) inside these cables. A little shrink tube over each wires solder joint, and another tube over the splice area and it will be well protected. The cable can be as short as you like. Shops that install car stereo or alarms can do this, or other electrical repair shops. Maybe a local community college would have an electrical class with a lab that would do this for you.

I would place the splice so the large block on the camera cable stays included in the cable. It helps protect the camera from power surges. The manufacturer felt the camera needed it.

... it would be easy for a business that does custom wiring to splice the original 90 degree power wire to the battery pack power wire.... Shops that install car stereo or alarms can do this....... for you.

I would place the splice so the large block on the camera cable stays included in the cable. It helps protect the camera from power surges. The manufacturer felt the camera needed it.

I like this suggestion and kick myself for not thinking of it before. I had a remote car started installed by an Auto Sound shop. I called them and they said to bring the cord to them and they'll have a look at it. I've asked them to put a USB connector onto it. If they cannot get a USB connector I can have them splice 2 wires together.

This is option 1 and I'll drop the cord off tomorrow. I'll post back on how it goes.

Could using some DualLock Tape be a temporary solution to keep it from bouncing around?

I'm ok for bouncing. I have it sit on that rubber no slip stuff. See picture above. It's folded over and is 6 layers thick. Doesn't move and absorbs most of the road vibrations. Works pretty good. Thanks for the idea though.

All complete. He spliced my cord onto a USB cable he had and sealed it with shrink tubing. Good job.
d1273d6e3b51f692ade2149703114d3d.jpg

@dbusguy ,

What's your experience been since using this?

I just found one that has 50000mah for under 20 bux (I bought two) and locally with free shipping to boot.

These are great items if they are consistently providing the rated power...

@dbusguy ,

What's your experience been since using this?

I just found one that has 50000mah for under 20 bux (I bought two) and locally with free shipping to boot.

These are great items if they are consistently providing the rated power...
A real 50,000mah for under 20 buckaroos?

Are you interested in buying a bridge? We have a nice one here in a Brooklyn. ;)

I prefer the weather here in LA so no thanks... ;-)

Ok if you insist, it is getting cold here. Keep us posted on how that battery works out. Deals that work are always welcome

A real 50,000mah for under 20 buckaroos?

Are you interested in buying a bridge? We have a nice one here in a Brooklyn. ;)

I've been using this 50,ooo mAh battery for several months now and I am VERY impressed with it. I paid 22 bucks with free shipping at the time. Perhaps it is the one Dionic90 is referring to. It's highly unlikely that it is really 50,000 mAh but it could be half that. As a test I ran an old dash cam until the fully charged battery died and it lasted about 20 hours. I use it to run two dash cams simultaneously in my vehicle in parking mode and I get many days of intermittent use. I plan to buy another.

This is a generic Chinese battery bank selling under different names at different prices. One sells for 49.00 USD and is the same product.

@Dashmellow , that is the EXACT model, different vendor. I purchased two for less than 40 bux with free 3 day ship.

yeah these suckers may not be 50000 but if they can last at least 18 hours then its money well spent.

I appreciate you sharing with the class @Dashmellow !

I have run it 2 day (9 hrs each) and indicator says still has half battery. Serves my purpose and I'm happy

@Dashmellow , that is the EXACT model, different vendor. I purchased two for less than 40 bux with free 3 day ship.

yeah these suckers may not be 50000 but if they can last at least 18 hours then its money well spent.

I appreciate you sharing with the class @Dashmellow !

ahh... looking at the amazon listing, yes, it's supposedly 50,000 mah, but at only 3.7v. so bring that up to 5vdc and it won't provide 50k mah; it will certainly be lower (i don't know the math to get an exact number but i'd guess closer to 30-35k mah). stupid marketing.

ahh... looking at the amazon listing, yes, it's supposedly 50,000 mah, but at only 3.7v. so bring that up to 5vdc and it won't provide 50k mah; it will certainly be lower (i don't know the math to get an exact number but i'd guess closer to 30-35k mah). stupid marketing.

You're right. When you plug in a device on this unit without hitting the power button it draws 3.7-3.85V. If you then press the power button with a load on the battery it will jump to 5.10-5.14V. I guess they figure that 50,000 is an impressive number, so we get Extra Jumbo Family Sized mAhs! I too gave up trying to figure out the actual mAh numbers for this battery bank but after using it for several months now I'd say that for around twenty bucks delivered it would be hard to go wrong buying one of these things. If you care for it properly (proper charging, discharging techniques) it should last several years in regular use. It easily matches the performance of other units selling at two or three times times the price. For example, the Anker Astro E5 15000mAh pack is a well regarded product but it is twice the price and I almost bought that one but went for this one instead and don't regret the purchase. FWIW, it is also (claimed to be) a lithium-polymer celled bank whereas most of the others on the market seem use 18650 cells. (I tried to open the unit to inspect the cells but there's no way to do that without ruining the device, so I won't know what's inside 'til it dies.)

You're right. When you plug in a device on this unit without hitting the power button it draws 3.7-3.85V. If you then press the power button with a load on the battery it will jump to 5.10-5.14V. I guess they figure that 50,000 is an impressive number, so we get Extra Jumbo Family Sized mAhs! I too gave up trying to figure out the actual mAh numbers for this battery bank but after using it for several months now I'd say that for around twenty bucks delivered it would be hard to go wrong buying one of these things. If you care for it properly (proper charging, discharging techniques) it should last several years in regular use. It easily matches the performance of other units selling at two or three times times the price. For example, the Anker Astro E5 15000mAh pack is a well regarded product but it is twice the price and I almost bought that one but went for this one instead and don't regret the purchase. FWIW, it is also (claimed to be) a lithium-polymer celled bank whereas most of the others on the market seem use 18650 cells. (I tried to open the unit to inspect the cells but there's no way to do that without ruining the device, so I won't know what's inside 'til it dies.)
Has anyone tried charging a smart phone or other item with a known size battery? Reviews claim it's about 5000mah after trying to charge some smart phones.

Has anyone tried charging a smart phone or other item with a known size battery? Reviews claim it's about 5000mah after trying to charge some smart phones.

I've fully charged my iPad a few times with this battery bank but I didn't do anything very scientific. Works great! That's really what it is marketed for and probably why it can power a dash cam for such extended periods.

Just for record,

I've an anker model that's 11000mah. I've had it two years. I also have a Chinese battery pack that's around the same but has 12volt connections that I've used to power gear on my camera equipment. Both have been amazing in that the anker model has charged my Motorola Xoom tablet plus phone many many times,so I know these little suckers work.

I'm currently using the anker to power the 8000l .I have that camera looking into the cabin of my ride.

Back