How to enable and disable easily the parking mode using the 3 hardwire kit?

TheGhost31

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi

I'm using the kit adviced by Viofo on my A129 Duo V1.9

However I need once or twice every two weeks so I don't want to have everytime this parking mode enabled.
I saw somewhere I have to push few seconds the first button but if I use 5 times the car in the day, I don't want to have to push this button 5 times in one day...

Is it a better way where I can disable it 90% of the time and then when I need it, I enable it just once?

Thanks in advance

Set Parking Mode to "Off", then when you park the camera will turn off, if you want parking mode then short press the left button, the camera will turn back on again and start recording.

This works on the A129 Pro, haven't tested the A129 Duo, however it does not go into parking mode, just records normally. But I guess this will work for you if you are not making long recordings.

Maybe Viofo could add another parking mode option - Off + Low Bitrate, which will turn off when you stop the engine, and then if you turn it back on again with the left button it will record low bitrate instead of normal bitrate until the engine starts again, then it should go back to normal bitrate...

OK thanks ! :)
So in my case, in the settings, I setted the parking mode with low bitrate but If I follow your first suggestion, when I click to switch on the camera after to cut the engine, it will record as parking mode (low bitrate) or in the normal driving mode?

Last edited:
OK thanks ! :)
So in my case, in the settings, I setted the parking mode with low bitrate but If I follow your first suggestion, when I click to switch on the camera after to cut the engine, it will record as parking mode (low bitrate) or in the normal driving mode?
It will record in normal driving mode, so you will need a good size memory card, but if you are only parked at the supermarket then it will be OK.

Yep your last suggestion will be perfect for me, it doesn't exist yet I guess? :p
Correct, but I will suggest it to Viofo, maybe it will be in V2.0.

> Correct, but I will suggest it to Viofo, maybe it will be in V2.0.
It will be nice to have this feature because

> It will record in normal driving mode, so you will need a good size memory card, but if you are only parked at the supermarket then it will be OK.
Your first suggestion (will help me) but it's not optimized using a lot of energy on my car battery and memory space to record with the normal mode ;)

My car battery is a little bit tired and I don't want record under 12.4v (in reality, around of 12.2v / 12.3v with the hardwire kit) to avoid a problem of battery. So in normal mode, it will not record a lot of thing after to cut the engine for the moment :/

But, waiting an update, I will use your solution ;)

Viofo really needs to add a quick toggle to enable parking mode. Also a beep and visual notification when first entering drive mode after the g-sensor has been triggered in parking mode.

Back