How to find out if my 0806 has GPS?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Disregard topic, I got GPS to work.

The issue I am having is GPS coordinates coming up with address in China. Is there another setting that I need to change?

Last edited:
Assuming you are using Registrator Viewer then go into it's menu and select View/Coordinates/Flip X...

Mount with GPS have 18 grams.
Mount without GPS have 6 grams.

You can even look inside.

enjoy,
Mtz

Or, go to settings and allow GPS logging and speed stamping to On.
If the videos show GPS data after that, it has GPS.

guys do you think it will be a good idea to have a through hole on the GPS mount so the users can look into the mount - if there is things inside, that is GPS, if empty it is a NO GPS.
the hole will be located under the VHB pad area, so it will not be visible once you stick the mount to your windshield.

need your thought.

guys do you think it will be a good idea to have a through hole on the GPS mount so the users can look into the mount - if there is things inside, that is GPS, if empty it is a NO GPS.
the hole will be located under the VHB pad area, so it will not be visible once you stick the mount to your windshield.

need your thought.

That's good idea but I'd also print/engrave a label on the mount on either side that says 'GPS inside' or something similar unless you are using the same housing for both with gps and non gps ones.

Another idea is to add a small metal plate as an antenna on the side of mount that's connected to the gps unit inside.
That'll distinguish between the ones with and without gps plus helps get better gps signal.

GPS and NON GPS share the same housing.
maybe printing label is a good idea.

GPS and NON GPS share the same housing.
maybe printing label is a good idea.
People like them all black - no labels ;)

How about putting the weights in the manual, there is enough of a difference for anyone to be able to check that.

People like them all black - no labels ;)

How about putting the weights in the manual, there is enough of a difference for anyone to be able to check that.

It doesn't have to be printed nor a shiny label attached.
It can be engraved that won't be visible unless you are real close.
Something like this but much smaller... it's just to identify, not to show off.
309057034_092.JPG

It doesn't have to be printed nor a shiny label attached.
It can be engraved that won't be visible unless you are real close.
Something like this but much smaller... it's just to identify, not to show off.
I was going to say this, but you beat me to it. You can usually tell by doing the jiggle in your hand test but it would be nice to add for people who are not sure.

need your thought.

I don't know that I'd put a hole in it. The base/mount is flimsy enough as it is.

When I first mounted the GPS the mount was below and to the right of the review mirror. I later noticed that in all the videos the was a small gray fuzzy spot. At first I thought it was a blemish in the lens or fingerprint. Turns out it was a small (about 2 grains of sand) chip in the windshield directly in front of the camera lens. So I decided to relocate the camera so the mount was directly below the review mirror mount. This made the fuzz ball move a good ways to the right. Well trying to slice and pry the tape up from under that mount was very hard. The plastic case for the GPS was flexing considerably and a couple of the screws in the side popped out. The tiny plastic tabs that the screws go into had split.

When I mounted it again, I only put tape around the perimeter of the GPS base about 1/8" wide strips. This way using a razor blade under the tape will completely slice through all the adhesive from the sides. There is no adhesive attaching the center portion of the GPS mount to the windshield. It's still attached very firmly with no visible vibrations or movement in the videos.

Back