How to flip the video image horizontally on the rear B4K camera?

Mark S-H

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Dash Cam
K6000, G1WH, G1WC, B1W, B4K
I am interested and does anyone know, how is it possible to flip the video image horizontally on the rear camera of the B4K camera?
If you look at the 2 images below (I have added labels on them so that you can see which is the front and which is the rear camera images.
These are screenshots taken at exactly the same time of 13:22:19 dated 20.03.2023
In the front camera (see Front Camera) image (you will see that I am driving on the righthand side of the road but if you look at the rear camera (see Rear Camera) image it appears I am driving on the lefthand side of the road.
My question is, how do I flip the rear camera image horizontally so that it appears correct (see 'Rear Camera Correction')?

B4KF.jpg
B4KR.jpg
B4KRC.jpg

The short answer is no, you cannot flip the rear camera video image within the firmware settings of the B4K dash camera.

The long answer is that there are two versions of the B4K rear camera. The original B4K rear camera used the GalaxyCore GC2053 2MP image sensor. In mid-2021, Blueskysea released an updated rear camera for the B4K using the Sony STARVIS IMX307 2MP image sensor. The older GalaxyCore GC2053 image sensor based camera provided a flipped/reversed video image to the B4K front camera. The updated Sony STARVIS IMX307 image sensor based camera provided an image that was not flipped/reversed. I created a video about the updated B4K rear camera back in August 2021. The link in that video's description section to the updated rear camera goes to a page on Amazon that shows the updated rear camera is no longer available (separately). Maybe @estore009 can let you know if an updated B4K rear camera can be ordered separately in some other way. Changing to the updated rear camera is only way to get the image in the "correct" orientation.

Changing to the updated rear camera is only way to get the image in the "correct" orientation.
Yes, it is the only way to solve it manually!

Yes, it is the only way to solve it manually!
I find it quite strange that BlueSkySea did not correct this at the time of production or created and developed firmware to change the orientation of the rear camera. Can't this be done?

And, where can I get a new rear camera that corrects this problem?

Thanks but wow so much more expensive than before...
Yeah, it's probably not worth getting one or these.
It's showing up as US$39.99 + delivery (B4K Rear Camera) ...and atm they've only got one left in stock.
I will continue to look around and see if I can get something else cheaper or wait to see if the price drops.
We are needing a camera with:
AHD video signal
NTSC format video signal
4 pin connector
(but this may not be necessary if you also get the long cable with a 4 connector jack plug)
and possibly something like this: Dashcam Rear1
and this: Dashcam Rear2

Back