How to hard wire DVR / Power magic in Mercedes W211 E

penyekz

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi guys,

this forum has been a great source of information. I've now bought a Blackvue 500 with power magic and am trying to install it.

I've encountered a small problem. My front fuse box doesn't have a ACC circuit which is off when the engine is off. So, the power magic timer will not work if I were to install there. I will need to run the wire to the rear boot fuse box. My rear seats are not the foldable types and I'm having a hard time accessing the boot.

Anyone installed a DVR in the mercedes e W211 before? Any pointers?

Cheers!

that would mean removing the radio! not an easy task for this car. I've just thought of tapping onto the central cig adaptor. Maybe that might work.

Look and see if there is any blank sockets that you could put a fuse into. I bought some fuses with wires already soldered on and inserted them into the fuse block where there was a socket with power on one side but it didnt go anywhere I put some heatshrink on the other blade and slid it in and its fine Just turn your ignition on and use a multi meter to find one with power and then turn ign off and see if it turns off as well.

There you have it Much easier

Or get one of the above type fuses and put it into where the radio fuse is Use one with the same amperage.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. The front fuse box doesn't have any switched power. All of the, remain on even if engine is off. I had to wire it to the rear boot switch box. The bummer is accessing the boot as my car doesn't have a foldable rear seat.

Anyway, I stopped being a perfectionist and used the rear shelf to access the boot. So there is a bit of wire visible but I guess I can live with that.

Cam is alive and kicking. Just learning to set the thing up now.

Back