How to Remove Printing ( Logo ) from dashcamera body / shell.

When I've worked on dash cam finishes I just use an air compressor to blow away any debris afterward and wipe down with denatured alcohol but you are right that it can be messy. My preference has been to paint dash cam housings with ultra flat camouflage paint rather than remove individual markings because I end up with a vastly stealthier camera and a clean nearly flawless surface. I've found that Rust-oleum ultra flat black camouflage paint is remarkably effective compared with typical matte finishes. It is also extremely durable and scratch resistant after 5 days of proper curing although dry and ready to use very quickly.

Last edited:
I have an LCD screen I can have start up with my logo on it, why would I want to print it on the casing, dumbest marketing idea ever

printing the Full HD, Super Duper resolution, made from pure unobtanium etc is right up there with fake LEDs also

I have an LCD screen I can have start up with my logo on it, why would I want to print it on the casing, dumbest marketing idea ever

printing the Full HD, Super Duper resolution, made from pure unobtanium etc is right up there with fake LEDs also

I agree. My other related pet peeve these days is certain manufacturers feeling they need to have their company name and camera model number in great big letters as part of the time stamp on every video frame.

I agree. My other related pet peeve these days is certain manufacturers feeling they need to have their company name and camera model number in great big letters as part of the time stamp on every video frame.

agree with that as well, on our Ambarella based product we have a watermark with our brand on screen but we have a menu option that allows you to turn it off, we do respect that fact that people might not want this, we could reward you if something happens and you have good footage with our brand name in it though ;)

Whilst it might not be BIG, it is possible to place manufactures details etc on the 5 sides other than the front. or perhaps it's a trick to get thieves to steal the dashcam, so the owner will but a new one.

Apart from avoiding its theft, I'd prefer a dashcam to be discrete just in case I'm ever victim of a crash for cash scammer, as it might occur to them, that if they knick the dashcam or its memory card, then they could still get away with it. And I'd prefer them not to see the camera and leave before police arrive anyway.

I've used a sharpie as well as a chisel point permanent marker and even the ones used to write on CDs - but none of them last very well.
I used a touch of blackboard paint to give the outward facing side a lovely stealth finish. being matt balck, it doesn't reflect & it also covers all the logos etc.

[Fully understanding E="spotnz, post: 68940, member: 5076"]Whilst it might not be BIG, it is possible to place manufactures details etc on the 5 sides other than the front. or perhaps it's a trick to get thieves to steal the dashcam, so the owner will but a new one.[/QUOTE]

Fully understand your points that to print on other 5 sides than the fornt.

From my mind, two questions I couldn't understand,
1. are there so many thieves your local?
2. why are they interested in Dashcam?

In China, seems like no much steals from cars;
And even heave, the thirves were interested in valuable subjects, like bags, never heard they break glass for a dashcam.

The thieves in China and Western have different interesting?

And even heave, the thirves were interested in valuable subjects, like bags, never heard they break glass for a dashcam.

In many Western urban areas there is a big problem with heroin addiction. An addict breaking into a car will grab anything that looks like it might be valuable enough to resell.

Really Can Not Believe!!

I believe in China, if nothing more than dashcam in car, thieves will not open the door.

[Fully understanding E="spotnz, post: 68940, member: 5076"]Whilst it might not be BIG, it is possible to place manufactures details etc on the 5 sides other than the front. or perhaps it's a trick to get thieves to steal the dashcam, so the owner will but a new one.

[/QUOTE]
they will steal anything they think they can sell for cash. my old roommates car was broken into through the window and all they got were CDs.

Not surprising, one night I had all three of my cars broke into at the same time. Something must have scared the three or more thief's away, because when I got up the next morning I found all three cars open, the Dash's ripped apart and the stereo's in stages of removal. Another minute and they would have taken all three stereo's. But all they got was a few knobs. Alarms do not help, people ignore them when they go off. One day after work I found the tires missing from my brand new conversion van. I was just happy they did not take the van. Personal belongings in cars are primary targets for thief's. That's why we here in the US are so sensitive about leaving anything in our cars that is easily seen. Its just a open invitation for thief's to break in and steal.

use solvent and pad to scratch off the letters (i'll use goo gone since i have it already), and what do you use to polish out the fine scratches?

Back