How to replace the adhesive on A119 with a darker one

How much it matters for you having a dark adhesive?

• I like the camera to be better seen with grey adhesive!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not care about more or less stealth!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In the box are four black foam squares that are sticky on one side and look like they have pre-cut outs. They are not mentioned in the instructions at all. Does anybody know what they are?

that's EVA foam, if you find the camera rattles on the mount stick one to the back of the camera and it will eliminate any unwanted vibrations

Reactions: Mtz
In the box are four black foam squares that are sticky on one side and look like they have pre-cut outs. They are not mentioned in the instructions at all. Does anybody know what they are?

This video will show you exactly what to do with them.

My advice is to mount them only if are needed. When camera is new there is no need to apply the EVA foam.

enjoy,
Mtz

My advice is to mount them only if are needed. When camera is new there is no need to apply the EVA foam

Gets looser the more you play/remove it............ I did a DIY to level the new camera which will never be removed

Gets looser the more you play/remove it............ I did a DIY to level the new camera which will never be removed

As for the EV tape getting looser, some people need to remove their cameras periodically. If it gets loose you can replace the EV tape or add a shim. Even a piece of duck tape will secure the camera enough to prevent vibrations.

Last edited:
what do you guys do if you want to remove the gps unit but the windshield has a layer of windows tint on it?, will it damage my windows tint?

that really sucks, i guess ill have to stay with the suction cup .. bla lol.

You place 1 piece of EVA foam between the mount and camera so it's tighter long term.

The curvature of the glass will slowly pull and add a tiny gap between the mount and camera over time.
EVA foam helps to minimize any Audio/Video vibrations in the future

Back