how to trim and be able to play dashcam videos?

dashcam1

Reaction score
Country
United States
I tried trimming it by right click, edit, trim and the two white dots and save copy. I renamed it and found it under video as MP4. Has the blue color and logo is like those movie makers that use to say action. I tried playing on windows media, picture, wuick time and it doesn't play. says not supported. help pls. I have windows 10 desktop and also iphone 8.

thanks

What software / program did you use to edit your video ?

For simple just saving a little bit of a video file i often use registrator virewer, its a dedicated dashcam player ( old ) that still support a lot of cameras, and its very easy to use and can make 1 whole / large video clip out of many smaller files, and if the files have a overlap it can strip it automatic once you have entered the overlap size ( often 1 second or 1000 ms )

Other videos on youtube about registrator viewer use.

Larger projects i use pinnacle studio 20 ultimate

What software / program did you use to edit your video ?

For simple just saving a little bit of a video file i often use registrator virewer, its a dedicated dashcam player ( old ) that still support a lot of cameras, and its very easy to use and can make 1 whole / large video clip out of many smaller files, and if the files have a overlap it can strip it automatic once you have entered the overlap size ( often 1 second or 1000 ms )

Other videos on youtube about registrator viewer use.

Larger projects i use pinnacle studio 20 ultimate
I was able to trim and now the 5 min video is on my desktop pc windows 10 . I didn't use any software, just right clicked, trim and save. But
I am not able to upload it to youtube, takes for ever 1 hour, says processing and then my screen goes to sleep. When I hit enter on keyboard, it says somehting went wrong or not able to be uploaded something. How do i send the video that is on my desktop windows 10 to my iphone 8? I wish i know how to do this . If I can send the video to my iphone , maybe it is easier to upload files to youtube or send it to anyone i know

I went to my yahoo email on my desktop and tried to attach the dashcam video file to send to someone but says exceeds 25mb limit or something and wont allow me to attach it to email.

dropbox, filedropper, mega, googledrive, wetransfer etc, doesn't really matter which
I have idrive on my desktop. so how do do do this? also I couldn't uploaded it to youtube, processes but then says something went wrong and cant be uploaded. I am trying to get a video link of this video

no idea, I don't use idrive

if YouTube wouldn't work with it there may be a problem with the video itself, not clear on how you've edited it but that can make a difference

no idea, I don't use idrive

if YouTube wouldn't work with it there may be a problem with the video itself, not clear on how you've edited it but that can make a difference
Is there a simple way to create a link for the video?

anyone i wish to. I wanted to send it to uber/lyft to report this driver that endangered my child and also youtube or just a video link

it doesn't matter who you want to share it with, just that some methods are more suitable than others

for what you want you're probably better off getting a dropbox account, it's probably going to be the easiest solution for you

Use AVIDemux and when you cut the video you will retain original quality. Don't use any program that recompresses the video, it will decrease quality and take additional time. Trimming with AVIDemux is virtually instant because it's just copying a part of the original file. You can also remove sound by going through the menu settings and unchecking the audio channel

Back