How's the quality on my A129 vids? Looks a bit off too me.

I had a Roav C1 previously and I dont remember having glare/reflection issues nearly as bad. But I had it mounted a little lower on the windshield (under the mirror mount). I have the A129, higher than the mirror, almost at the top of the windshield. I wonder if this is a big factor with the reflection.

I am having a similar issue with focus. Attached is a screenshot from video today and I cannot read the license plate. I am using a A119 CPL so some vignetting is visible. Are the lenses adjustable? I bought directly from @viofo and I would hate to have to send it in for repair and go without my dashcam for such a long period.

vlcsnap-2018-08-25-17h27m36s055.pngvlcsnap-2018-08-25-17h27m36s055.png

move your lens up, you should not see your dashboard on a video, maybe 50% of the hood. maybe up to the red line.

vlcsnap-2018-08-25-17h27m36s055.jpg

move your lens up, you should not see your dashboard on a video, maybe 50% of the hood. maybe up to the red line.

The general rule is 60% land & 40% sky. His image looks to be exactly that.

The general rule is 60% land & 40% sky. His image looks to be exactly that.
2/3 of his picture takes the hood. and it's black. :) that's not normal. he should either move the lens up or the cam down.

Yes and with modern cameras you can even make do with a 50/50 split at the horizon.

But yes the focus seem to have shifted a tad towards the near field.

and even 40% / 60%, but you should film the surrounding of your car, not your hood, unless you see something dancing on it that we don't. :)

2018_0825_131018_094.MP4_20180825_200025.133.jpg

Actually everything a little far away, more pronounced on the right. Come to think of it, another member has posted similar screenshots but his were slightly better.

I am using a A119 CPL so some vignetting is visible. Are the lenses adjustable?

You have defocusing, it's clearly defined, you can adjust it yourself, but first you need to check how the video looks on the cold recorder, that is, right after the recording is turned on, not allowing the components to warm up if the video looks good on a "cold" recorder, then the plastic holder is to blame, for 119 it is installed.

The theme belongs to model a129, why the message in this topic about another model? this will be misleading.

PS As for A129, both cameras have a metal lens holder!

Last edited:
You have defocusing, it's clearly defined, you can adjust it yourself, but first you need to check how the video looks on the cold recorder, that is, right after the recording is turned on, not allowing the components to warm up if the video looks good on a "cold" recorder, then the plastic holder is to blame, for 119 it is installed.

The theme belongs to model a129, why the message in this topic about another model? this will be misleading.

PS As for A129, both cameras have a metal lens holder!
The camera is A129 and the CPL filter is the A119S CPL filter.

Back