How's the quality on my A129 vids? Looks a bit off too me.

Andy555

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A129 Duo
Here are some sample vids from my A129. It doesn't seem like my videos are as good as the other A129 videos Ive seen posted. I have the resoltion set at 1080p.

Interesting, I think the WIFI has been on. Ill test it tomorow with it off.

I'm seeing similar results (can't even read license plates from opposite traffic), but I didn't turn wifi off until yesterday since it hasn't been that useful to me (and didn't realize it shouldn't be left on). Will have to recheck myself now.

Do you leave WiFi turned on normally? I noticed more compress artifacts than my A119. And in this thread after some troubleshooting found the bitrate nearly halved with WiFi turned on.

A129 Video artifacts
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a129-video-artifacts.35105/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I turned off wifi, but still the quality doesn't seem on par with other A129 videos I seen online.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1h9ZVdU_UfRfQZzEctBta6Wav5PtcwBfv

What’s the bitrate you’re getting on the files? Also what bitrate do you have the camera set to?

What’s the bitrate you’re getting on the files? Also what bitrate do you have the camera set to?

Here's the bitrate on file of the raw video I posted. I have it set on high.

Attachments

• a129 video properties.PNG
    a129 video properties.PNG
    8.8 KB · Views: 73
That’s what I’m getting on mine typically. I don’t have any recent sample though.

but still the quality doesn't seem on par with other A129 videos I seen online.
There is no focus in the center of the frame.

Is there a way to improve or fix it?
Everything can be fixed ... BUT
The way is, your DVR is on a guarantee, you better contact the supplier.

Everything can be fixed ... BUT
The way is, your DDA is on a guarantee, you better contact the supplier.

So its a defective lens?

I bought it from SpyTec

So its a defective lens?
I do not know what's wrong with him, I do not have this DVR to find out the reason, I need to pass a few tests, open and look at the lens holder.

P.S. Focus looks normal on A129

Last edited:
Those videos in the OP by Andy look pretty bad to me. Day, front, rear and night all appear off ... I wouldn't be happy. (n)

Those videos in the OP by Andy look pretty bad to me. Day, front, rear and night all appear off ... I wouldn't be happy. (n)
Yea, the quality of my videos seem to be worse than the other A129 videos I see posted.

I turned off wifi, but still the quality doesn't seem on par with other A129 videos I seen online.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1h9ZVdU_UfRfQZzEctBta6Wav5PtcwBfv

In this video specifically, I think your cam is severely impacted by the reflection of your dash showing up on your cam. Can you up the cam angle a notch and test it and see if the same results happen? Or can you find a day that is less sunny and see if the videos are still that bad? (also definitely leave the WiFi off while recording, because there is a bug that affects the bit-rate)

Yeah ... it appears no CPL filter ... and driving into the Sun with lots of glare... not an ideal way to test picture quality.
Seems more than just that though ... I'm no expert, so need some Dash Cam Gurus on board. (y)

To eliminate windshield glare as a potential problem remove the camera from the car and take stationary video in the open.
If the video is beautiful you need a cpl desperately. If the video is horrible without glass in the way the camera must be out of focus or otherwise defective.
As long as the mount is not required for power this should work.

In this video specifically, I think your cam is severely impacted by the reflection of your dash showing up on your cam. Can you up the cam angle a notch and test it and see if the same results happen? Or can you find a day that is less sunny and see if the videos are still that bad? (also definitely leave the WiFi off while recording, because there is a bug that affects the bit-rate)
I used some black sheets and that has significantly reduced the reflection, I plan on getting a dash mat for a more permanent solution to the glare.

To eliminate windshield glare as a potential problem remove the camera from the car and take stationary video in the open.
If the video is beautiful you need a cpl desperately. If the video is horrible without glass in the way the camera must be out of focus or otherwise defective.
As long as the mount is not required for power this should work.
Good idea, I will give this a try. I doesn't need to mount to record.

Back