Hoya HD CPL filter for DOD LS460w

Hello, yes that is possible. It cost 17.95 euro incl. shipping.
Sending it normaly with Royal Dutch Mail. You can pay with PayPal.
I like to hear from you!!
Regards Rene Demmers
The Netherlands
Sounds good to me. Please send me information to make a PayPal payment.
I'm not sure, but it looks like 49mm diameter filter with 39mm->49mm reduction on the picture. Am i right? I want to buy Marumi DHG Super CPL filter, so I need to be 100% sure this will fit.

Last edited:
A 49mm lens will fit but......be sure that it is just as good as the Hoya HD filter. With that filter you do not need to remove it at night.
See this movie I made with a Hoya HD filter and without a filter

This movie is made on a very dark road, again with a Hoya HD CPL an without CPL. I think a DOD LS460W with a HOYA HD CPL
is a very good combination. Remove the CPL at night is not necessary anymore...

There's always a place to test something else, something new.

Marumi and Hoya may be owned by the same company actually? I think I read that once?

There's nothing I know about the owners of those brands. But i read the test made by proffesionalists. I'm not sure if i can publish this adress here, but i try: http://www.lenstip.com/115.4-article-Polarizing_filters_test_Results_and_summary.html
There is also Hoya HD, but only in Polish version of this web: http://www.optyczne.pl/8.1-Inne_testy-Test_filtrów_polaryzacyjnych_-_uzupełnienie.html
It seems that Marumi is slightly better than Hoya. I've already bought this filter and adapter from the same producer.

I bought a filter Hoya HD CIR-PL 43mm and a 37-43mm step-up ring adapter and I made an adapter for ls460w from a pvc pipe and tape
Here is some pictures with my adapter and dashcam: IMG_20141211_142810.jpg IMG_20141211_162617.jpg IMG_20141211_162548.jpg

It's amazing, after I announced about the lens adapter we made, I have sent these adapters to a lot of countries, Brazil, USA, Malaysia, Vietnam, UK, Australia, New Sealand, Poland and so on. 97 pieces, not one who payed before delivery (my own decision), not one who did not received it. Not one who did not payed.....!
Is that amazing????
People (ands the postman/companies) seems to be more hounest then we think sometimes !!!!
Thanks to this forum that made it possible to get a platform form for my lens-adapter
Regards Rene from the Netherlands

Last edited:
It's amazing, after I announced about the lens adapter we made, I have sent these adapters to a lot of countries, Brazil, USA, Malaysia, Vietnam, UK, Australia, New Sealand, Poland and so on. 97 pieces, not one who payed before delivery (my own decision), not one who did not received it. Not one who did not payed.....!
Is that amazing????
People (ands the postman/companies) seems to be more hounest then we think sometimes !!!!
Thanks to this forum that made it possible to get a platform form for my lens-adapter
Regards Rene from the Netherlands

Sorry, did I understood that you were sending out those adapters to buyers first and after they received package, only then they paid you ?

Yes, Niko that's right. In the first contact people sent me a mail that they want to have one. I ask their name and address and tell them that they have to pay it with PayPal when it arrives. Most people are amazed and react very friendly about this way of selling.
I did not sold one to Ireland yet, that could be a tricky experience for me.....;-)
Succes with your new store Niko!

Yes, Niko that's right. In the first contact people sent me a mail that they want to have one. I ask their name and address and tell them that they have to pay it with PayPal when it arrives. Most people are amazed and react very friendly about this way of selling.
I did not sold one to Ireland yet, that could be a tricky experience for me.....;-)
I am glad to hear that world is not actually that bad as "they" show us on media ( tv, radio, news papers ) and there are plenty of honest people around.

Thanks on my store. Its not yet with perfect layout, but will try "fixing" it step by step.

If one day I become fed-up from with my DIY "enthusiasm", for sure I will start buying a ready made products ;)

i just bought the ls460w and ran across this thread. Watching the night videos i am confused. i don't see the difference between with or without the filter. Am i missing something? Why would you use the filter? Am I also missing some settings as i find at night it is hard to see the plate unless you are literally right behind the vehicle.

i just bought the ls460w and ran across this thread. Watching the night videos i am confused. i don't see the difference between with or without the filter. Am i missing something? Why would you use the filter? Am I also missing some settings as i find at night it is hard to see the plate unless you are literally right behind the vehicle.

You did not mentioned this, - but have you also bought and using a hoya CPL filter, or making conclusions on videos that are shared here ?

I have sent you an E-mail though your site and am as yet to even receive a reply.

Edit... Finally got a reply. :p

Last edited:
That's a compliment that you don't see the difference at night!
I made that compared movie to show that you do not have to remove the filter in dark conditions. Of course, a CPL filter is not very useful at night. The intention is to show that the DOD LS 460w is a very light sensitive camera. The Hoya HD filter is very light sensitive too, in comparising with cheap CPL filters. So, a day and night solution for the cam so that you don't have to remove it in dark conditions.
And no, you don't miss any setting to read license plates at night. Simply, the shutter speed from the frames are too low at night.
There is not one Dashcam who can. Neither my newest Canon HD video cam from 2000 dollar is able to do that.
( I hope my English is understandable, my native language Dutch is so different in word choice in comparison with English)

Last edited:
You did not mentioned this, - but have you also bought and using a hoya CPL filter, or making conclusions on videos that are shared here ?

I did not buy any filters. just have the ls460. I am curious as to what the filters do and just watched the night videos so was just trying to educate myself.

I made that compared movie to show that you do not have to remove the filter in dark conditions. Of course, a CPL filter is not very useful at night. The intention is to show that the DOD LS 460w is a very light sensitive camera. The Hoya HD filter is very light sensitive too, in comparising with cheap CPL filters. So, a day and night solution for the cam so that you don't have to remove it in dark conditions.
And no, you don't miss any setting to read license plates at night. Simply, the shutter speed from the frames are too low at night.
There is not one Dashcam who can. Neither my newest Canon HD video cam from 2000 dollar is able to do that.
( I hope my English is understandable, my native language Dutch is so different in word choice in comparison with English)

Ah thank you for the clarification. Can you advise what is the filter for then if there is no difference?
Also do you leave the dashcam on all the time in the car or disconnect it? Reason I asked I lived in a condo previously and my car window along with 5 other cars were smashed as the thief was looking for GPS.

Can you please tell me if this is your site? http://dutchdashcam.webklik.nl/page/accessoires
Nice site but I don't understand as it's in dutch I think. How do I contact you from there if I want to order a filter (once I understand what it's for).

Dutchdashcam, I would love to purchase one of your adapter/Hoya HD CPL sets for my LS460W. Can you provide the information required to complete the purchase?

Back