HP f210/f310 vs

Which in your opinion is better video and has great features.

• hp f310

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CDV300X

• BlackVue DR3500-FHD

• Total voters

Dae

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
G1W, DVR-207
Hello everyone,
Thank you for reading this. After looking through the forum and reading up on many dash cam reviews I am left a bit confused and have a few questions. In particular to the HP f210, which I am aware is not made by HP.

I was wondering if it was worthwhile to purchase this model. The only reason I gave this model any thought is that a mechanic suggested highly it. However, looking at the model I find it a bit pricey for what others can do and most of all not very discreet in any manner. Should I be concerned as it will be hardwired to my car, with no harness or even a Battery discharge prevention.

I've been in a few incidents that have made me always have a simple DVR, such as hit and runs. What has changed is that I want to get a really reliable one since this one will be on a luxury vehicle and I want it to be discreet but still have features such as motion, g-sensor, gps (on/off), high rez in night time.

I've owned a G1W and a DVR-207. I am also looking at the mini 0806, CDV300x, and the BlackVue DR3500-FHD.

In short, are there any factors I should be concerned about with the HP. Second, should I get another model?

Cheers,

FYI: HP dashcam prodcuts are not designed or engineered by Hewlett Packard. There seems to be a lot of licensing/big/medium brand names thrown around in the dashcam world.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/all-hp-cams-dimension-comparison.10830/#post-141594
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-1-3-3mp-discussion-if-any.11510/#post-148032
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/cobra-dash-cams.6357/page-2#post-76586

I'd choose the 0805 over the 0806 (seems more stable reading in the forums)

CDV300X is a gamble long term stability in my experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an HP F200 which I like, but it's somewhat different than the 210. (Mount and no GPS) It's not the most discrete of dashcams. I don't like the proprietary mount of the F210. I'm a trucker and have dealt with stuff like that before. When/if the mount breaks, you're kind of screwed. The 200 uses a standard tripod mount which there are plenty of aftermarket mounts you can use. I don't know who makes the HP dashcams, but, although my 200 is probably 'dated', it has the highest apparent quality of the various dashcams I own. (at least in appearance, the video is GOOD) I see the F210 on Amazon now for under $100 US.
Reliable? I'm not sure any dashcam is 100% reliable. Too many factors, including the memory card biting the dust.

Reactions: Dae
thank you @Pier28. I actually saw your posts on the HP not being made by HP, it was interesting to learn that part.
I saw the wiring issues on the 806 and was a bit worried about getting that. but it seems to have a better park mode, though I am not sure why park mode for both is not stated in the comparison chart.

as for the CDV300X, I read that it is better the B40 / A118. What is your take on it?

Thanks for the reply @dash riposki , I don't like the sound of the mount being proprietary. the f210 and f310 were being praised by my mechanic, he has them on all his custom build cars, though I can Clearly see them which is not that appealing. Having a larger windshield I am guessing you don't see yours as much?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Pier28, sweet cam. Love the clarity at night. Question, I am on my mobile so i can't find it, is that capacitor version? if do you sell it with a battery. Does is come with a g-sensor and motion detection?

@Pier28, sweet cam. Love the clarity at night. Question, I am on my mobile so i can't find it, is that capacitor version? if do you sell it with a battery. Does is come with a g-sensor and motion detection?

Yes it's only made in a capacitor version, that plus the all metal lens housing makes it extra heat tolerant. (lens wills stay sharp/focused) Yes g-sensor will save files and latest firmware has multiple motion detection settings and timeout options.

Last edited:
Image quality - definitely HP (from the vote list), especially if night time recording quality is important. Pricey? BlackVue is WAY more expensive.

Yes it's only made in a capacitor version, that plus the all metal lens housing makes it extra heat tolerant. (lens wills stay sharp/focused) Yes g-sensor will save files and latest firmware has multiple motion detection settings and timeout options.
what is charge on the capcitor? will it last long? Heat is not a problem where I live -cold is. Also, can you ship to Canada?

Image quality - definitely HP (from the vote list), especially if night time recording quality is important. Pricey? BlackVue is WAY more expensive.
Thank you @FourEyes for the response!
BlackVue is expensive, but if it is better than f210 I will get that.

what is charge on the capcitor? will it last long? Heat is not a problem where I live -cold is. Also, can you ship to Canada?

I should clarify, it's best suited for both hot and cold. Also, Caps are not susceptible to failing from long term multiple charge/discharges unlike a battery that will fail at some point.
The purpose of any capacitor / battery in a dashcam is to gracefully close the last video segment file being recorded if you lose main power in a accident etc. There is enough power for a few seconds before shutting down.
Shipping to Canada is no problem, you can also check out @CalgaryDashCam http://calgarydashcam.com

Last edited:
The HP's aren't HUGE, but not the stealthiest. The F200 is a medium blue with some silver writing on it. I think there are several colors in most models, but for a while I took a black magic marker to the silver writing, but the camera still sticks out. I only use it for a backup at this point. It kind of looks like it is worth stealing, as opposed to a mobius.
:)
I've got so much stuff stuck in my windshield, usually 1 single thing doesn't stick out.
(GPS, satellite radio, 2 dashcams, toll transponder)

I should clarify, it's best suited for both hot and cold. Also, Caps are not susceptible to failing from long term multiple charge/discharges unlike a battery that will fail at some point.
The purpose of any capacitor / battery in a dashcam is to gracefully close the last video segment file being recorded if you lose main power in a accident etc. There is enough power for a few seconds before shutting down.
Shipping to Canada is no problem, you can also check out @CalgaryDashCam http://calgarydashcam.com
Yikes that's different price range than on amazon, too bad they are out of stock. I would of bought one. I sooner than later since I have been holding off buying one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D What Should I Buy? 6
Back