Tough choice: HP F210 or Vico-Marcus 4

DanskTrafik

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Hello everyone.

I need to buy a new camera, because my old one (BlackVue DR500GW-HD) was broken and i get money back...
That was some problems with power. Anyway...

I'm living in Denmark, and dashcams are not so popular there, and we don't have so many options to choose, only few models available in local stores...
I don't want to buy DR500GW again, is too wide for me (capture area).
Now i found in local story a HP F210 (clone of MiVue 388), or i can buy a Vico Marcus 4 (from Germany).
HP is cheaper (999DKK), Marcus is more expensive (1400DKK).
HP has a GPS, Marcus has GPS as option...
HP has a 120 degree vieving angle, Marcus 160 (but with bigger resolution)...
CPUs: Ambarella iOne or A7LA70D ???
CMOS: Aptina 3135 or AR0331 ???

Tough choice. Which one will choose you and why?

I can't say much about the HP because I don't have one, but my Marcus 3 is built really well and the buttons are placed nice. I assume 4 is the same on the outside. I have been testing a few different cameras lately so I have not had as much time with it as I had before, but I do love my M3

I can't say much about the HP because I don't have one, but my Marcus 3 is built really well and the buttons are placed nice. I assume 4 is the same on the outside. I have been testing a few different cameras lately so I have not had as much time with it as I had before, but I do love my M3

OK, question about your M3. Do you have a CPL filter? It's helpful?
It's possible to connect filtermount with short bracket??
This
34_0.jpg
with this
6_0.jpg
???

If i want buy Marcus with GPS modul, and mount to filter, and short bracket that will cost double more than HP F210...

Do you have a CPL filter?
Yes

It's helpful?
Yes. It helps cut down a bit. The only small issue is the camera may peak out of the side a little bit. This has been disused in Marcus 3 threads before, but I have never had a huge issue with it.
It's possible to connect filtermount with short bracket?
Not without some DIY on your part. I always use the first bracket pictured with my CPL

If i want buy Marcus with GPS modul, and mount to filter, and short bracket that will cost double more than HP F210
The GPS might be a little costly I have seen it for around 35 dollars from US seller SpyTec.
Both the 3M and CPL mount come with the camera.

If you want to get what I read as being a good CPL filter cheap. I bought and used Amazon US ASIN: B002N67ONK and it works fine.

The Marcus 3/4 is a bit more, but you can really feel the quality. It is built to last, and I love having the buttons right on at the back of the camera.

I never use CPL filter, so my footage do have reflections in it, but never so bad it render footage useless in case i need it for the insurance or cops.

And i am not a fan of that huge bracket for the Markus line of cameras, so i would just use the camera alone on the short mount for the most stealthy install.

Offcourse if you do have the room for the huge bracket in front of the mirror, and you are the kind of guy who take the camera out every day, the mount might make it more easy.

But personally i leave my cameras in the car all the time, and then have a 1080P IP camera on the car where i park it at night.

Ambarella iOne is a 2010 product, i do belive the A7 chipset is newer, for sure its more used in Dashcams or will be soon as A7 seem to be the big hit these days.

I will use small bracket, old camera was always in car. Is small one in package, or need to buy separately?

Both cams have a problem in sound recording . The audio in HP F2xx F3xx has a strange noise sounds like da da da while m4 only supply 64k AAC audio.

Back