Hugo Express, impatient jerk uses shoulder to pass slow traffic I-80

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
I kept seeing this jerk this afternoon as I traveled west from NJ, usually driving aggressively in the left lane. (Including where trucks are banned from the left lane)
He managed to drive very aggressively, and illegally, but not make any progress doing it. I kept seeing him for a period of an hour or so as I left NJ, and entered Pennsylvania.
hugo.JPG

This is a one man/one truck operation, hauling GARBAGE.
I checked the safety record of this one truck operation, he has had his vehicle inspected 3 times, and put out of service twice. (3 times the average)
US Dot number 2069160
A lot of the NJ/NYC area garbage is trucked to landfills in adjacent states.

This guy is dangerous. This is something that I see cars do more often than trucks, and it's illegal and stupid for all.

Right before he used the shoulder to get around slow traffic, he cut me off.

The first time I noticed him, he was speeding in the far left lane in NJ, a lane trucks are banned from.

Strangely enough the safety stats for his one truck company don't list any recent crashes.

I've got the feeling it's going to be a long Memorial Day weekend.... :(

Should let the state police know about this. Maybe a surprise inspection to put that truck out of commission for a while?

It's pretty likely this guy runs the same route every trip, picks up somewhere in NJ, goes to the same landfill somewhere in Northeast PA, then back home.
Some of the NYC area trash (I mean garbage, not people) goes as far as Virginia, Ohio, and god knows where else by truck. I'd be kind of amazed if he didn't have a lot of traffic tickets.

The way he drives he's more or less screaming 'Hey you dumb cops, wake up!' every inch he rolls.
:)

Back