I am looking for a Dashcam OEM manufacturer

stopazk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a dashcam OEM manufacturer on top of which I can develop my AI Image processing algorithms. The standard features that I am looking for are as below:

*AI Dashcam Features*:

1. Operating System: Linux
2. Operating Interface: SDK for APP & 3rd party cloud platform
3. Audio: Builtin Mic & Speaker
4. Video: 2K
5. Camera Input: 1. Primary AI Camera System (For ADAS, DMS), 2. Rear Camera, 3. Additional Camera
6. AI algorithm: Built-in & customizable using APIs & Models
7. Storage: Upto 1 TB
8. Interface for communication: RS232, RS485, CAN, RJ45
9. Wireless: Wifi, 4G LTE, WiFi Hotspot
10. GPS
11. Sensors: G-Force Sensor
12. Power: 10-32V DC, Supercapacitor
13. RTC: In-built with battery

Production volumes will be in batches of 1k.

I am looking for a dashcam OEM manufacturer on top of which I can develop my AI Image processing algorithms.
You will find that the main problem is that dashcams do not come with lots of spare processing power, they come with the cheapest processor that can manage the standard tasks, so adding extra AI algorithms is going to overload them.

You might get one of the manufacturers to install a more powerful processor, but it would need a lot of 1K batches to make that worthwhile since it will cause lots of heat issues, as will extra algorithms that run on it, especially if you are in India...

I doubt that any are going to give you SDK access to their apps.

What do you mean by "3rd party cloud platform"? Do you want access to the Dashcam manufacturer's cloud platform, or are you asking for access to eg Microsoft/Google cloud platforms? There are not many dashcam manufacturers that have cloud access, so the list is already quite small...

3rd party cloud platform means I would like to stream the video to a private cloud that we wish to host. I do not want the cameras to have any backdoors.

TBH i private cloud like a NAS in someones home, will probably be less secure than a cloud in some data center, but i will agree it is what i would prefer too, even if it might actually get to be more expensive ( me having to get another NAS )

3rd party cloud platform means I would like to stream the video to a private cloud that we wish to host. I do not want the cameras to have any backdoors.
Thinkware has cloud access, but I'm pretty sure their cameras are not suitable for what you want.

Blackvue has cloud access, but I would be very surprised if you were successful with them.

So I think the only Manufacturer you might succeed with is Viofo, who do have dashcams with decent AI processors from Novatek, I think do run Linux on them, and I think could support your cloud request. If your sales numbers are high enough then you may succeed with them. You can contact @viofo on this forum.

Back