I have bought an A119...

smiley1081

Reaction score
Country
Italy
... now what should I do with it?

Given that my niece was coming to Italy for a scientific congress, I had an A119 delivered to her from Spytec, and it's now in my hands.

Now, what are the things, that I should do with it?

Let's create a list of things to do, so that it can be useful not only to me, but also to other new users, and I'll keep the first post of this thread updated.

1) Buy a micro SD card. What are the best choices available?
2) Update the firmware to the latest version, which is available from this page: http://www.viofo.com/home/30-a119-1080p-60fps-dash-cam.html
3) Change these setting on the A119: which setting changes will give the better using experience, and why? And why not?
4) Have the A119 installed in the car... :-D

1. I recommend the Trancend High Endurance microSD (MLC NAND flash chip). It has slow speeds, but it's just fine for what you need. 2 years warranty, even if used in DVR car cam.
SanDisk has only one year warranty.
Other memories can be used, but warranty is voided (SAMSUNG EVO MICRO SDXC CLASS 10, TRANSCEND MICRO SDHC CLASS 10 UHS-I U3 633X ULTIMATE etc).

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

settings: turn off LDWS/FCWS as they're useless, and besides - they don't work at the highest 1440p resolution (the camera automatically turns them off if you select 1440p). keep G-sensor turned ON (any level besides OFF) due to a bug in the current firmware.

Buy the Transcend 64GB High Endurance card. Costs $38.99 at Amazon with free shipping. Avoid SanDisk like the plague. Most of my SanDisk cards have failed; they can't take the abuse of continuous HD recording.

Set your camera to 1440P recording. Turn on the g-sensor if not already on. Set sensitivity to Low or Medium. Set camera to remind you to format the card 1x per month. Never turn on LDWS or FCWS (as Gibson99 pointed out, it is a useless feature. It can only create problems.)

It is 32GB just to be sure it is used a card which is formatted as FAT32. Usually cards over 32GB are formatted as ExFAT, but Viofo camera can format even the 64 and 128GB cards as FAT32 so is not a problem to install firmware using any card formatted by A119.

enjoy,
Mtz

I used 64gb Samsung to update firmware. I don't have any smaller size microSDXC cards.

I used 64gb Samsung to update firmware. I don't have any smaller size microSDXC cards.
64GB card is also OK, just format to FAT32.

64GB card is also OK, just format to FAT32.
I used the card in a camera for awhile and didn't format it before a firmware update, just copied the firmware file on it. :)

Back