I like the ZFT3, but I don't love it; What do y'all think about the...

MoreBloodWine

Reaction score
Country
United States

Nexar brand, specifically the "Pro Drivers Choice" which is tri channel like the T3, seems easily hidden behind the rear view mirror which is a buying caveat for me, as in THE only way to go, gratend still needing a specific pos for the interior cam. But also at the cost of being ~$100 cheaper.

But my T3 RMA window is end of Jan 2022 thx to Amazons holiday return window etc. So I'm going to futz w the T3 at least through the first week of Dec.

Ty.

Also, I don't ever want to re-wire... I really did NOT like the rear one... it's self but fully prpfessionally hidden which was a PIA snaking it through existing mgmt areas. Anyway, looks like Nexar uses USB-C. Is it, or I should say; Would it really be recommended to re-wire, or can I use connection adapters to go from that weird printer / controller looking plug to a USB-C ?

I've tech settled for the Vantrue N4, but also like the idea of the A139 (after reading but not exper yet, the heat issues of the combined T3).

Edit; I will say I'm not thrilled w the separate GPS purchase for Vantrue. Which now basically leaves me w potentially settling for the 3 cam / channel A139 which has built in GPS, even though it's colors may show u wearing a purple shirt when your not..

Thoughts, comments, opinions ?!?!?

Edit 2; FML lol... looks like the A139 will at the very least def require a rear wire re-wire... If that's the case. The T3 line will be getting it's head cut, bec I will NOT fish that $#&@((# out backwards. Although the A139 cable being about 2mm smaller in width should be easier to fish through what I don't currently have a pic of or feel I need one of. But it's a safe guess y'all know what I'm taking about if I mention it's a rear hatched vehicle so to speak... 2007 Explorer.

Front would be easier, but it's a hardwire kit I used w the T3. So hoping I can still use that at least even if an adapters needed, regardless of what I end up getting.

Last edited:
Back