I mean... come on?!

CrosstownTee

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Dash Cam
GS90C Ambarella A7LA70
Ok, I agree, this is a minor thing, but still frustrating nonetheless.

Apart from annoying everyone around him, I don't think he's accomplished anything with his driving style...

(And sorry for the dark image, it was still early...)

Typical in belgium. The right lane is not used.
Why do you not move over yourself?! You have to, it's the law!

Typical driving by the seat of the pants style. It is frustrating when most are driving in a safe and respectful manner just to have some come by and try to go around everyone else whichever way they can. Selfish and dangerous and with no real gains. I eventually catch up to most weavers despite just plodding along when they have taken chances and sped to get ahead.

Only one way to get rid of the weaving around you.
Keep to the right, when you go slower then the traffic around you.
Even if you speeding.
Its proven a slower car create more dangers situation, than a car going a little faster.

Fast lane is fast lane but if all the cars in front are congested in all lanes, you don't move out of the way just because the car behind wants to go nowhere one car faster. Around here, some drivers don't wait, they just dive into the right lane and then slam on their brakes because there was nowhere to go. If people left proper following distance, drove smoothly and with some foresight and stopped bucking and weaving there would be no traffic jams.

Over here when such roads are busy, signs light up to explicitly say "Congestion, STAY IN LANE." But people still can't work out that traffic is moving as a single body and there simply isn't any chance of going significantly faster. They dive left and right into any gap they can find. So much risk for almost no reward, and winding up everyone around them for no reason.

I saw signs in this video but couldn't read them on my phone, might they be saying something similar?

Sent from my tap-to-talk using Tapatalk

Typical in belgium. The right lane is not used.
Why do you not move over yourself?! You have to, it's the law!

Only one way to get rid of the weaving around you.
Keep to the right, when you go slower then the traffic around you.
Even if you speeding.
Its proven a slower car create more dangers situation, than a car going a little faster.

Me too I am very sensitive to middle or right lane hoggers, so with the given footage I understand your remark.

Unfortunately I edited the video for the actual weaving car, but like that you can't see the truck sitting in the right lane a couple of meters behind me. I wasn't going to cut in front of him just for the sake of moving over.

Like some other people suggested here, I also think that in congested traffic you should stay in your lane. That's what I did.
I could re-edit the clip and upload it, but instead I've just made a screenshot of a couple of seconds before the actual clip starts.
I hope that will sooth your exclamation marks... ;)

upload_2016-12-10_14-25-4.png

I saw signs in this video but couldn't read them on my phone, might they be saying something similar?
They are road works signs. At the intersections coming up there's a modified road layout, that's what those signs are for.
We don't have 'stay in lane' signs in Belgium.

Like some other people suggested here, I also think that in congested traffic you should stay in your lane.
Yes but I don't think this qualifies as congested. Not cutting the truck off I agree with!

Yes but I don't think this qualifies as congested. Not cutting the truck off I agree with!

Let's agree for 50% then :)
If I have to drive between 40 and 90 km/h on a ring road or motorway where you are normally allowed to go 120km/h, I consider the traffic congested.
There's degrees of ~, of course.

The treaty of Vienna considers it congested if the speed on all of the lanes is limited by the traffic ahead.
I saw an empty reght lane.
But if you say it's congested, it's allowed to overtake om the right.

I'll argue that this was congested too then! ;)

Lol that rotnaarrechts is a good example of those fast- and middle lane hoggers, but I can't really see if the speed was generally slowed down or not.

I think you mean the (Vienna) Convention on road traffic, right? I had trouble finding relevant information in the different Treaties of Vienna! :D
(Well, at least you knew it existed... I had to look it up :oops:)

That's the one I meant.

Pretty much normal driving. He even has blinkers on.
Nothing to waste 41 seconds watching the video and probably much more to edit and upload.

Blinkers on an audi. Yeah, I notice it as wel when they uses them!
This one used it when merging but not when going to the middle lane, guess when that's unneccesary blinkers aren't either.

Back