I need help!

Beca

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello I have bought 3 dash cams in the last two months. I know what to look for in a dash cam but every one I buy is horrible. I'm looking for one $100 or under, nothing too cheap so $50 is the lowest. I need one that has a great picture, I live in northern Michigan and there isn't street lights along the roads so I want one that records great with just my headlights. I watched a lot of videos on YouTube and so many the quality at night is awesome. I just bought a dual lens with one is zoomed in and the quality is horrible and when I play it back it sounds like the camera was mounted outside. I would also like one that has or can be connected with a rear camera as well with at least a 2" screen or bigger. If anyone can give me some ideas I would greatly appreciate it!!!! Thank you!!

Not much in the $100 range that meets your criteria and certainly nothing in the $50 range. Depending on how critical a screen is for you the Blacksys CF100 might come close (it has no screen) - https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00KFYG0K0.

If the only light available is your headlights the only thing that will be recorded is what's illuminated by your light regardless of which camera you're using. Some will be better than others however.

Last edited:
you're looking for a $400 camera which is why you've been having trouble, either need to rethink the features or increase the budget

Welcome to forum !
I guess most of us experienced your situation: going from 50 usd to 100 dashcams and then finding that it would be the best to pay initially 200-250 for descent dashcam with no regrets on spent money.
Edit: this budget is for single channel descent dashcam !

Ok I figured it would be to much to ask for. What if my price range was to $200. Like I said I'm usually driving at night and it's pitch black, you can even see tail lights from cars that are right in front of me. I just need clear picture that does better at night with whatever my headlights illuminate. Thanks for everyone's help!!!

It is like buying your first suit. I would go with a Street Guardian camera for the front, and expand from there. Qualty, service and support is the best.

Thank you all so much, I looked up the sg9665gc night recording and it's perfect. That's the one I'm going to get! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

I bought the SG9665GC. I love it, it's exactly what I have been looking for! The night time recording is amazing compared to the other ones I have tried. You could even see the moon and clouds clearly! Once again thank you to all of you for your help, I really appreciate it!

I bought the SG9665GC. I love it, it's exactly what I have been looking for! The night time recording is amazing compared to the other ones I have tried. You could even see the moon and clouds clearly! Once again thank you to all of you for your help, I really appreciate it!
It is an outstanding camera, and it gets better as you use it daily. Enjoy :)

I just had a giant scare! My camera turned on and the recording light was blinking, but the timer wasn't counting and the other red light wasn't blinking. So I turned it off and back on, wiggled the cord, cleaned out the port, then I reset it. Nothing worked, I got very scared that it was done for then thought to myself, I take very good care of it. I don't leave it in the cold, I don't leave it in the heat, I don't leave it plugged in longer then it has to be, I keep it in my coat pocket without putting anything else with it, so I didn't give up hope. I waited to look at the manual when I got home and it didn't give me any advice. So finally I tried a different card and it worked! I'm writing this to inform other people that have the same dashcam or even a different one to try a different memory card before chucking it, or asking for a refund from where it was purchased. I thought it would tell me on the screen that my memory card was full because other dashcams have and it says to insert a card when there isn't one in the slot(it makes sense to me).

Do you have motion detect turned on in the menu? If you do it will come on and the timer won't start until there is movement

As an aside I wouldn't suggest using motion detect for normal use

No I never turned that on, like I said I don't leave it in my car (hot or cold days). I'll leave it if I'm just running in and out, but I leave it recording the whole time. I don't live in a huge city with a lot of crime, if I did I would have that turned on. Thanks for that information!

Back