I think I corrupted my camera or SD card

Dfox

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a dual front and rear dash cam that I bought from China off of eBay I do not remember the name of it. I stupidly put a SD card out of a cell phone into my camera thinking it might have more room on it. It did not work of course. When I put my other SD card back in my camera it comes on quickly it shows a picture in front of me of what I'm sitting in front of then goes black. I cannot keep the screen on I am sure I have corrupted. something does anyone know what I can do

Hi,
when you use a dash cam, especially Chinese built dash cam's it's best to always use a class 10 or above SD card.

Try formatting the original SD card which was working in the dash cam first. Pop it in your dash cam and look for a formatting or erase all option in the settings. If not then I would try a factory reset of your dash cam.

Hope this helps

I know it has that option but I put the original back in and the screen comes on and then goes black I have pushed the reset button on the side of it but still nothing I wasn't sure if I tore it up or what

I got 2 thinking that since the SD card was not unmounted from the phone that I may have corrupted the SD card from the phone and tore up my camera when I put it in my camera do you think there is a way that I can format my SD card that actually came with the camera on a computer or do you think that if I corrupted something on my camera because of the card from the phone when I put my original back in the camera that if it corrupted that SD card would it corrupt a computer

Back