I want a new camera but don't know what to buy

what's your benchmark for audio and video?
Video: I like the GC, the LS460W, all the Vicos and the SJCAMs Plus series (although if I was to choose one of these it would have to be the M10+ because of the form factor), or in other words, anything that shows red as red (not orange or yellow), green as green (not bluish grey), blue as blue (not green), clear and sharp, that reacts quicly to light changes, that's not washed out or over exposed, that's not grainy, foggy or too dark during night time, and with a horizontal FoV not narrower than 120º and not wider than 140º (if the visual idea I have of these angles is correct). What I mean is not too narrow but not crazy wide.

Audio: the GC. It's the best example of the type of audio I'd like to have in a dashcam. That's what I consider to be honest audio. Of course it can be a little quieter or a little louder, as long as it isn't too quiet and muffled or too loud and distorted.

Last edited:
ok, and how soon do you need it, do you have a camera to use that's working or is it somewhat urgent?
Wow, I wasn't expecting an answer like that!

Well, it wasn't urgent, the AT11DA is still working flawlessly, but now you left my mouth watering... I just wanted to buy a better camera while I can (even though "better" doesn't always mean "more expensive"). What are you proposing? :)

Wow, I wasn't expecting an answer like that!

Well, it wasn't urgent, the AT11DA is still working flawlessly, but now you left my mouth watering... I just wanted to buy a better camera while I can (even though "better" doesn't always mean "more expensive"). What are you proposing? :)

I'm working on something which is an entry level product for us but probably ticks the boxes of what you're looking for, won't be available until next month though

I'm working on something which is an entry level product for us but probably ticks the boxes of what you're looking for, won't be available until next month though
It might be an entry level product for you but I'm sure an entry level camera from Street Guardian will be several notches above most of the mid-level cameras out there. :cool:

This sounds interesting...

A month or 2 is not to long a wait.

I'm guessing the form factor will be as shown below, with upgraded lens, etc.

image.jpeg

I'm guessing the form factor will be as shown below, with upgraded lens, etc.

View attachment 23778

not even close

we are doing a solution for those housings also though but it will be higher spec than any that are currently available

I'll share some video once we finish the firmware, we still have some changes to do
Any news yet, @jokiin? I need to buy a new camera while I can. No one knows when the Brexitsunami's first wave will hit the country's economy.

Hi Jokiin,

My requirement is pretty similar to Module 79. Do you ship internationally and any warranty? By the way, can you give me recommendation which SG models will suit my requirement:-

1). Flexibility to change from one car to the other (me and my family share 4 cars but the camera will be purchased by me for my sole use thus I am unwilling to permanently install a unit in each car)

2). Small and light weight to be able to carry around my bag

3). Playback on screen without plug in socket

4). Ease of use and installation (am not a techie)

5). Excellent video quality especially night time. Audio not as important.

6). Good customer support

7). G mode, GPS, Speed stamp not required.

8). Seamless and loop recording

My requirement is pretty similar to Module 79.

1). Flexibility to change from one car to the other (me and my family share 4 cars but the camera will be purchased by me for my sole use thus I am unwilling to permanently install a unit in each car)

1 and 2). Not quite my requirements.

5). I don't want the video quality to be excellent, just honest, and good audio is very important for me.

7). Also not in my requirement's list.

8). All dashcams do that (well, not the seamless part, but 1sec overlap isn't such a big deal).

;)

Hi Jokiin,

My requirement is pretty similar to Module 79. Do you ship internationally and any warranty? By the way, can you give me recommendation which SG models will suit my requirement:-

3). Playback on screen without plug in socket

4). Ease of use and installation (am not a techie)

6). Good customer support

Other than the customer support, (But may exist in cantonese/mandarin) see if you can find an Ausdom A261.

Back