i1000 / F70 / X6 720P Dual Lens DVR Dash Camera

DashCamMan is correct. You will NOT be able to swivel the lens to point towards the driver window. The lens only rotates from back to front, and the suction cup mount only moves up and down, but not side to side. You would have to use the separate lens to have a camera pointed at the driver, or remove the cam from the windshield and move it around manually in your hand.

If you want a dual dashcam that has a view of the car cabin, there are better choices for the same price, many of which offer 1080p resolution.

I just found 2 other cameras that are similar to this one.

Recordeye DC770 - this is only available in Russia
B6 on Aliexpress - likely a "fake" version given the low price and AVI recording

Dash Cam Man

After seeing DashCamMan's excellent YouTube review I found a similar camera.... search for... i1000L 3.0TFT 3.0MP 4-LED IR on Amazon UK

Ordered and it arrived some 18 days later.

Main differences are ... widescreen display, no remote control, suction pad or tape mounting. The rear camera looks like a better quality mount system.
Installed software version...
F20 20120726
Samsung 32Gb Class 10 card used.

On installation/ testing it all seems to works well, very similar to review.
Only minor problem is the camera is set to turn off after 5 minutes on power external removal.... It turms of after about 10 seconds.. Battery fully charged.

Overall pleased with camera system.

DeeCee said:
After seeing DashCamMan's excellent YouTube review I found a similar camera.... search for... i1000L 3.0TFT 3.0MP 4-LED IR on Amazon UK

Ordered and it arrived some 18 days later.

Main differences are ... widescreen display, no remote control, suction pad or tape mounting. The rear camera looks like a better quality mount system.
Installed software version...
F20 20120726
Samsung 32Gb Class 10 card used.

On installation/ testing it all seems to works well, very similar to review.
Only minor problem is the camera is set to turn off after 5 minutes on power external removal.... It turms of after about 10 seconds.. Battery fully charged.

Overall pleased with camera system.

Hi DeeCee,

The delayed shutdown function is an issue with many cameras. Recording an extra minute or so after power goes off is a great idea, but I think it is just a software issue. I see it in many cameras. Glad you are pleased with the camera.

So far, I have only seen 2 firmware versions coming with this camera:
20120726 that spaceballrules has and the
F20 20120509 that you have.

Would it be possible to share some videos so we can see if there is any noticeable differences between each firmware version? If you take a picture with the camera (not a video) then view the exif information (right click the photo, select the details tab) you might see the manufacturer and camera details as well.

Dash Cam Man

After doing some more research on these cameras, there appears to be a higher end version which records at 1080p, the DM300.

The DM300 has an HDMI port instead of an AV Out port.

DM300 HDMI port
DM300%20HDMI.jpg

vs the i1000 / F70 AV Out port
i1000%20AV%20Out.jpg

Also it appears the DM300 runs on the popular Ambarella A2S60 processor. The i1000 / F70 likely run on the SQ909B-L processor (i haven't 100% verified this since I haven't seen the internals of this camera).

Dash Cam Man

No details in the JPG pictures file... all camera fields blank.

Quality of front and rear videos about identical to your review, except front video is widescreen.
However I have reflections on the front and rear screens under some lighting conditions, this can be seen in the videos.

Details of the MOV files....

Front camera set for 720p and 30 frames/sec

Frame width 1280
Frame Height 720
Data Rate 6939kbps
Total bitrate 6982kbps
Frame rate 29 frames/second

Rear camera, no settings available for this camera.

Frame width 720
Frame Height 480
Data Rate 1748kbps
Total bitrate 1790kbps
Frame rate 25 frames/second

DeeCee said:
No details in the JPG pictures file... all camera fields blank.

Quality of front and rear videos about identical to your review, except front video is widescreen.
However I have reflections on the front and rear screens under some lighting conditions, this can be seen in the videos.

Details of the MOV files....

Front camera set for 720p and 30 frames/sec

Frame width 1280
Frame Height 720
Data Rate 6939kbps
Total bitrate 6982kbps
Frame rate 29 frames/second

Rear camera, no settings available for this camera.

Frame width 720
Frame Height 480
Data Rate 1748kbps
Total bitrate 1790kbps
Frame rate 25 frames/second

Thanks for the feedback DeeCee. Enjoy your camera!

Dash Cam Man

I was able to find another similar camera called the Flytec FT-101. It is primarily sold in Taiwan. Here is an internal picture showing the SQ909B-L processor.

Flytec%20FT101%20with%20an%20SQ%20Processor.jpg

Dash Cam Man

The cameras with the F20 firmware are likely using the F20 processor as seen by the pictures below.

i1000%20with%20an%20F20%20Processor%201.jpg

i1000%20with%20an%20F20%20Processor%202.jpg

Dash Cam Man

I REALLY want one of the 1080p models. Very tempting! Nice find, as well. :)
I wonder if that one that is $68 would be OK to buy. Seems sketchy. It might be safer to get one that is over $100. I am always weary of the low, low price.

spaceballsrules said:
I REALLY want one of the 1080p models. Very tempting! Nice find, as well. :)
I wonder if that one that is $68 would be OK to buy. Seems sketchy. It might be safer to get one that is over $100. I am always weary of the low, low price.

Hi spaceballsrules,

This DM300 model sounds great in theory but Aliexpress has 0 sales of this camera. I haven't found a real world review of it yet as well. The $68 may be too good to be true (that vendor has poor feedback at 89%). Even the $100+ ones might not be that much better than the camera you have. Also, none of the vendors have a very strong reputation selling dash cams. Buying this camera would be a very big gamble right now.

Dash Cam Man

So, I appreciate all the posts... I just received my unit. I will be doing a unboxing video and posting some footage soon.

Otto said:
So, I appreciate all the posts... I just received my unit. I will be doing a unboxing video and posting some footage soon.

Great Otto. I'm looking forward to the videos!

Dash Cam Man

impreza2013 said:
Found the DM 300 for $56.30....

anyone want to give it a try and let us know? lol

http://www.ahappydeal.com/product-101139.html

Hi impreza2013,

That is very cheap for a camera which is supposed to have an Ambarella A2S processor. I am 99% certain it is fake. The cheapest legitimate camera with an Ambarella A2S processor costs over $80. I wouldn't take the risk. I too am curious about this DM300. I will keep looking for reviews.

Dash Cam Man

Last edited by a moderator:
After more research on the DM300, I now believe this is only a single lens camera and not a dual lens camera. Welldonetech on eBay has sold 30 of these cameras but it is a single lens version. The few DM300 that show dual lenses appear to be in error.

I will continue looking for a 1080p dual lens camera.

Dash Cam Man

It seems like the majority of the i1000 and F70 dash cams are using the Allwinner F20 processor. Some of the technical details on the processor can be found in the link above for anyone who is technically inclined.

Dash Cam Man

DashCamMan said:
After more research on the DM300, I now believe this is only a single lens camera and not a dual lens camera. Welldonetech on eBay has sold 30 of these cameras but it is a single lens version. The few DM300 that show dual lenses appear to be in error.

I will continue looking for a 1080p dual lens camera.

Dash Cam Man

The thing that gets me is that all the pictures of the units that are Full HD show the input for the external camera next to the HDMI port), whether they come with one or not.

I am definitely waiting until these are more readily available from some trusted vendors at decent prices.

spaceballsrules said:
The thing that gets me is that all the pictures of the units that are Full HD show the input for the external camera next to the HDMI port), whether they come with one or not.

I am definitely waiting until these are more readily available from some trusted vendors at decent prices.

Hi spaceballsrules,

I agree. Until a reputable vendor is selling a dual lens 1080p camera for a reasonable price, I will not believe it either.

Dash Cam Man

Hello!
I do not speak English (I use google translator).
I have a DVR F70 (processor allwiner F20). DVR not included. Measured the power on the battery and flash card 3.7 V. Who knows how to make a backup of the firmware? Does anyone have any firmware for it? I would be very grateful.

Back