Ideas for non-GoPro replacement for my broken Mobius? Doublea as an action cam.

GoodEnough

Reaction score
Country
United States
I liked the compact size of the Mobius 1.
But , it broke, so I am soured on the brand.

Any common and standard ideas for a replacement?

When you use Mobius for action cam and dashcam work, there is no suitable replacement except another Mobius ;)

I'm curious about what broke and how? Mobius is a very sturdy and reliable cam and it's eminently repairable though it rarely needs that.

Phil

So, earlier today you asked where you can get a Mobius with a super-cap. Now you're sour on the brand?

When you use Mobius for action cam and dashcam work, there is no suitable replacement except another Mobius ;)

I'm curious about what broke and how? Mobius is a very sturdy and reliable cam and it's eminently repairable though it rarely needs that.

Phil

Here are details.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/blue-light-glows-continously.12019/

This thing is a cheap piece of Chinese garbage.
Itr broke after a few hours of use.
Does not even power on.
Just a green light when plugged into charger.

This isn't anything new and there have been many good answers given yet we keep seeing new threads over and over :mad:

The OP won't act on the advice being given so at this point, my advice is for this member to forget about owning any dash or action cams, and especially to stop making new threads on DCT for the same problem.

Sincerely,
Phil

Oh, now I remember! The OP was here for no other reason but to gratuitously bad mouth Mobius five months ago and now apparently he's decided to come back and do some more trolling.

After i read this topic, i think gopro will fit with your requirement. You shoud buy one. :D
Chinese crap wont work with you. :D

Last edited:
Sounds like you picked up a cheap knockoff, the mobius cameras have / are so popular they have knockoff cameras, and those are not worth a stamp mostly.

My friend just tried the same with a SJ camera ( Sj 4000 wifi ) its so poor the lens dont even have a IR cur filter on it, so it will be a air rifle target soon and it being hit and exploding into pieces with be recorded in 240 FPS with another but true SJ camera ( my Sj7 Star )

But while the SJ7 star are a nice camera, there are accounts of it literally melting if put in a car windscreen like a dashcam.

Oh, now I remember! The OP was here for no other reason but to gratuitously bad mouth Mobius five months ago and now apparently he's decided to come back and do some more trolling.

Amen and
BUMP

Phil

I just checked the purchase date. My Mobius A was purchased in September, 2013, and probably has 300,000 miles of use on it in a tractor trailer. The rubber coating is partially worn off of the case, one case screw is missing. Damn chinese junk! :) I may break down and spend the few dollars for a new case, (If it comes with new screws)
:)

I just checked the purchase date. My Mobius A was purchased in September, 2013, and probably has 300,000 miles of use on it in a tractor trailer. The rubber coating is partially worn off of the case, one case screw is missing. Damn chinese junk! :) I may break down and spend the few dollars for a new case, (If it comes with new screws)
:)

The new replacement cases won't work with the old Mobius lens modules, unfortunately. :( Screws you can probably find at a hardware store or hobby shop.

When I ordered caps from BG, I also got a new case "just in case" since they were so cheap :rolleyes: It didn't come with screws and of course I lost one putting the caps in. Dam# chinese piece of crap refuses to fall apart or stop working with half the screws missing. Gotta be junk, just gotta be....... :whistle:

Phil

I have a whole jar of assorted tiny screws I've saved from different dismantled electronic gadgets over the years. When I've needed replacement screws for my Mobi once or twice, a little rummaging around in the jar and I've got what I need.

Screws you can probably find at a hardware store or hobby shop.

But you can't find them in the carpet under a desk- at least I can't :rolleyes: :p :whistle:

Phil

But you can't find them in the carpet under a desk- at least I can't :rolleyes: :p :whistle:

Phil

Who needs carpet? I drop tiny screws and parts on my polished wood floors and they just disappear. Bare feet works but usually not for several days until you're not looking anymore. :D

I have a whole jar of assorted tiny screws

Ditto.

I have been playing with the idea of outfitting my Roomba with some small magnets to pick up little metal things ( read screws ) dropped on the floor

Ditto.

I have been playing with the idea of outfitting my Roomba with some small magnets to pick up little metal things ( read screws ) dropped on the floor

I like that idea.

I used to have a Roomba but I left the front door open one time and it escaped and ran down the road and I never saw it again. :arghh:

Back