Illegal turn & merging fail

dashcamnh

Reaction score
Country
United States
Driver doesn't even stop coming out of Olive Garden's parking lot, makes illegal left turn and decides to cut all the way across to turn right. I slowed down anticipating him to merge but didn't happen until the end.

if I am not asking too much could you please provide the original footage not altered by youtube or anything else?

did you use some kind of software to compress video or is it direct youtube upload in full quality mov 1080p30?
sorry if its bad place to discuss the video quality, but i am interested, your footage is recorded at similarly dark time of day as this one here with g1w,
but mobius shows double images whenever it is paused, and g1w is perfectly sharp any time
here is comparison at the turn, where speed is similar

g1w left mobius right
does anybody know why is that so?

Last edited:
You can upload directly and YouTube encodes to their own format, they take a 15mbit file and compress to between 2 and 4 mbit

You can upload directly and YouTube encodes to their own format, they take a 15mbit file and compress to between 2 and 4 mbit
what would be your guess, what caused theses "double images" with mobius, and not with g1w?

At least he was polite and signaled :)

if I am not asking too much could you please provide the original footage not altered by youtube or anything else?

did you use some kind of software to compress video or is it direct youtube upload in full quality mov 1080p30?

I honestly have no idea other than cropping with Sony Vegas Pro 12. Might have to do with the settings.

I'll try to upload to YouTube directly next time.

another merging fail

I don't know, seems like she gave enough time but the semi decided to speed up. I believe in many states that's illegal when there's a car trying to merge in.

I don't know, seems like she gave enough time but the semi decided to speed up. I believe in many states that's illegal when there's a car trying to merge in.
That was my impression as well. Watched it a couple of times to make sure I was looking at it objectively. It's possible the driver's view of the car was blocked by the hood of the semi (camera view is different than the drivers) but not likely.

Last edited:
or maybe
GdVfqBY.jpg

either one of them could have backed off, just because you're in the right doesn't mean you should be an asshole about it, goes both ways

even before the vw started moving left there was not enough room and the vw would be cutting off the truck bigtime. as it was the first vehicle to change to the left already cut him off.

as for the trucker, it was much safer to pit the vw than rearend it and shove it into several other cars. i dont know whether the cam truck sped up or traffic in right lane suddenly slowed, but i think the cam truck will share some of the blame.

Both the big rig and VW are idiots. Neither one wanted to back down. Big rig driver probably didn't care because its not his truck. Probably didn't like the company he works for anyways. VW probably gotten away with this move every other time. Wasn't expecting a mad man behind the big rig.

Back