Near Collision With Illegal U-Turner

Jeremy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC & Mobius 1
Yesterday this little white Honda was about to do an illegal u-turn in front of my wife’s path. Evidently he saw her last minute and braked. She swerved slightly.

Unfortunately for my wife (and the Honda driver), the driver behind him was not prepared for him to cancel his turn, so they plowed into him, launching him further into my wife’s path.

Fortunately she was already alert and was able to swerve enough to avoid him. I’m not sure if or how badly she could have been hurt if the Honda had hit her, but the damage to car would definitely have been pretty bad. Thankfully she avoid it.

Last edited:
...I believe the buzzing noise may be related to the power supply; I’ll have to investigate....
Buzzing may be related to the location of the GPS unit. Clue is it's very cyclic at once per second. Had the same issue on my wife's car.

Interesting. I’ll have to unplug the GPS and test again.

There’s a background buzz as well as the repeating blurp sound each second.

Thanks!

The buzz can also be a failing memory card, bad ground, or other electronics nearby. The newer Street Guardian products have improved shielding even further since 2015 V1 days as well. (along with an updated lens) We already have a private message going to get you upgraded if needed.

*Note, after reviewing this video, I noticed my camera is out of focus, so I’ll have to adjust it. Also the time is 15 hours ahead for some reason.

Shouldn't the GPS reset the time?. My A119 does. It unlikely you set the time zone to be 15 hours ahead. My A118c2 gains about a minute in time each week. I need to investigate that

I started a new thread about the issues:

Audio Buzzing Issue(s): here
Settings & Timezone Reset: here

Update: both issues seem to be related to using a 3rd party USB cable and power supply rather than the original SG power lead.

Last edited:
Back