I'm from Canterbury, New Zealand.

Shenanigans NZ

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Dash Cam
Ambarella Mini 0801
Hi from the South Sea Islands, even here in our bit of paradise we have stupid drivers, and yes that includes me at times, we all make mistakes.

I'm retired and I spend a lot with a caravan in tow, the thing which made me buy a camera is other drivers seem to think that they must pass no mater what the risk is.

We have yellow lines in the center of the road which means that must not cross them when passing.
A quote from our road code, (or our road laws.)

No-passing line

On some sections of road there will be a solid yellow line painted on your side of the centre line. This line is called a no-passing line.
No-passing lines are usually there because it's unsafe to cross the center line to pass, because features like hills and curves make it impossible to see if there is oncoming traffic.

After getting passed 3 times in a 20km bit of road on yellow lines I just need to gather some evidence. This happens all the time, another time I was following 2x B trains up a hill each 20mts or 65ft long and we were, with caravan 15mts or 50 ft long and a stupid driver passed all of us on yellow lines. So that was 55mtrs plus the following gap between us. It will get interesting, it's only a matter of time.

Thanks for all your help so far, this has turned out to be a really good forum.

Welcome! Were you near the Lord Of The Rings / Hobbit sets at all by chance? Must still be cool to know it was all filmed there.

Welcome! I got mine for practical reasons and just because it's cool :cool:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MalcolmNZ Introductions 0
M Introductions 0
Back