Incorrect password!

Duncwood

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have a new DR500 HD I am trying to install. It says all the right things and the lights work as they should but I can't connect to wifi as it rejects "blackvue" as its password! It's just come out of the box today, I've been reading anything I can find and watching all sorts of YouTube videos but am getting nowhere. Does anyone have any experience of this?
Thanks

Hi Duncwood,

As you've already tried the "default" password, have you made sure that the serial number (SSID) is correct? This is usually in the format "DR500HD- (SerNo)", then enter the password "blackvue".

Good luck

John

Hi Duncwood,

As you've already tried the "default" password, have you made sure that the serial number (SSID) is correct? This is usually in the format "DR500HD- (SerNo)", then enter the password "blackvue".

Good luck

John

Will try that in the morning. From memory it does have 5 or 6 letters and digits after the DR500, but not as many as the serial no, I think that was more like 11 or 12.
Thanks for the pointer John

If you still have the same problem, try changing the password. Pages 37/38 of the manual will take you through the stages. It can be done through the PC viewer. Don't forget to click the "save and close" button. I had to "lift" the page up to get to the buttons.

The manual should be on your SD card or you can download from here: http://www.autoblackbox.com.au/contact-us/downloads/.

Back