Installing my new SG3665GC Cold weather

aysuen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just a few quick questions:

1. Will cold weather have any affect on the double side tape for installing? (around 0 Celsius)
2. Does it matter which stand I use (the thinner of thicker one)?

Thanks!

better if you can stick it on when it's the warmest part of the day, give it a bit more time after sticking the mount on before you mount the camera for best results also

us the thin mount for regular windscreen installs, the thick one is only for vertical vindows

I'm guessing 5925, 5952, or 5962 by the description at the top of page 3. All of those state 10°C minimum. Maybe running defrost on high heat for a while would warm the windshield enough to help???

All of those state 10°C minimum. Maybe running defrost on high heat for a while would warm the windshield enough to help???

that would probably do it, the main thing is not to have a large temperature difference between the material and the surface you want to stick it to

Thanks for the quick replies!

I'll turn on the car and blast the defroster for a bit before I stick it on

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick replies!

I'll turn on the car and blast the defroster for a bit before I stick it on

Thanks!

make sure the tape is as warm as the window is, press and hold firmly for at least a few minutes, we advise waiting a minimum of 20 minutes before putting the camera on but I'd probably say you need even longer in the colder weather

Hair dryer on tape and window to bring up temp will help.

Ideal way would be if you have a heated garage, park you car there, open windows, wait and do the installation. This way temperature inside and outside of the car will be the same.

About the 3M adhesive sticky mount:

1) Be sure you clean the window first.
2) When you apply the stick base to the window, hold the bracket firmly against the glass for around 2 minutes, then wait 20 minutes before you attach the camera. The tape has a 50% bond after 20 minutes, 100% bond takes 72 hours, if you put the camera on earlier than 20 minutes there's an increased chance it will fall off after a while.

when I first put mine on I was on the way out the gate, I just aligned the mount with markings, slapped the mount on the window, threw the camera on and plugged it in and drove off out the gate. that was in march, never fallen off yet and still holding as tight as hell.

Thanks for all the info!

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a heated garage. I'll have to settle with warming up the car and bracket

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D SG9665GC 4
Back