Instruction manual in a PDF ( IE readable ) format

spotnz

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
hi,

I cannot use the copy found on http://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000071766-a119s-car-dash-camera-manual . As the .rar format SUCKS on my mac. I've tried several expansion programs. All they give me is, ALL the manuals numerous pages condensed into a one page jpg :(:confused::eek:o_O:cry::censored: .

Does anyone have this in a usuable version? Preferably in PDF format. I've told VIOFO just now via their feedback mechanism. But am not planning on holding my breath, for a while. Since this should have been noticed & mentioned to them well before now.

nothing to do with rar, it's a jpg of the manual

Whilst I agree & noticed that, after trying several "unzip"s. Condensing 15 pages into ONE, does not make a viable version.

Whilst I agree & noticed that, after trying several "unzip"s. Condensing 15 pages into ONE, does not make a viable version.

the jpg is a low res version of the print file used for the manual, they probably don't have it as a PDF

hi,

I cannot use the copy found on http://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000071766-a119s-car-dash-camera-manual . As the .rar format SUCKS on my mac. I've tried several expansion programs. All they give me is, ALL the manuals numerous pages condensed into a one page jpg :(:confused::eek:o_O:cry::censored: .

Does anyone have this in a usuable version? Preferably in PDF format. I've told VIOFO just now via their feedback mechanism. But am not planning on holding my breath, for a while. Since this should have been noticed & mentioned to them well before now.

Open the uncompressed .JPEG in "Preview" on your Mac. Then go to the "FILE" drop down menu and select "Export as PDF". The resulting image in PDF will look tiny. Keep hitting that magnifier "plus" symbol or hold the Command key down while repeatedly pressing the "+" key until you see the full sized image of the manual. It is a large file, let it resolve on your screen once enlarged.

Open the uncompressed .JPEG in "Preview" on your Mac. Then go to the "FILE" drop down menu and select "Export as PDF". The resulting image in PDF will look tiny. Keep hitting that magnifier "plus" symbol or hold the Command key down while repeatedly pressing the "+" key until you see the full sized image of the manual. It is a large file, let it resolve on your screen once enlarged.

Tried that. It still wants to print one ONE page *sniff*. AND also saves as 15 pages squashed into one page.

it's an image file, if it was a document it would do what you want, all you can do is enlarge it and scroll around to whatever you want to look at

Tried that. It still wants to print one ONE page *sniff*. AND also saves as 15 pages squashed into one page.

Yes, it is one image containing 15 pages but in PDF format it makes for a perfectly readable Manual that can be clearly viewed in any size and you can scroll left or right through the pages. What's the big deal that it is one image? Nothing is "squashed". You wanted a "readable" PDF and now you've got one.

I went through the simple process I described above and here are a couple of screen shots from the resulting PDF.

pages1.jpg

pages2.jpg

Last edited:

BTW, the reason that the Viofo A119S Quick Start Guide is presented as 15 pages on a single long horizontal strip in the .JPEG image is that this is how it would be sent to the offset print shop to be made into an "accordion style" folded brochure like the sample below.

accordion_pamphlet.jpg

It's a regular booklet style.

Are you saying they ship a regular booklet rather than an accordion?

Either way, the single .JPEG presented above in the .RAR file is an accordion style layout. I've designed quite a few of those myself for various clients.

Are you saying they ship a regular booklet rather than an accordion?

Either way, the single .JPEG presented above in the .RAR file is an accordion style layout. I've designed quite a few of those myself for various clients.

Yes both the A119 and A119S come with a regular booklet manual.

Yes both the A119 and A119S come with a regular booklet manual.

Interesting. A booklet layout is set-up in an entirely different manner so the cut and stapled pages end up in the correct position and order. Putting the pages in consecutive order on a horizontal strip is specifically designed for accordion folding.

BTW, are you talking about a "manual" or the "Quick Start Guide"? Often products are shipped with both and one is a full length booklet while the other is a simple accordion pamphlet.

Interesting. A booklet layout is set-up in an entirely different manner so the cut and stapled pages end up in the correct position and order. Putting the pages in consecutive order on a horizontal strip is specifically designed for accordion folding.

BTW, are you talking about a "manual" or the "Quick Start Guide"? Often products are shipped with both and one is a full length booklet while the other is a simple accordion pamphlet.

There's just one booklet, VIOFO calls it a "Quick Start Guide".

IMG_0357.png

OK, well whatever ships with the camera the file in question here is a different animal as explained above.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as it is easy to convert to PDF and view it, it doesn't matter.

Edit: I see that the .JPEG says 2016 and the booklet says 2017, so that may explain it.

I really don't understand what the OP's issue is, as mentioned by jokiin and you, the .jpg can be easily zoomed into and scrolled left/right.

Has anyone tried printing a copy from the jpg? Getting all 15 pages condensed onto one physical page is not what I was expecting.

if you're old school and need a printed copy then perhaps do as @Dashmellow did above and enlarge and screenshot the individual pages and then print those, it's probably 10 minutes or so of work to do that

if you're old school and need a printed copy then perhaps do as @Dashmellow did above and enlarge and screenshot the individual pages and then print those, it's probably 10 minutes or so of work to do that

My point was & still is, that an online copy of a paper manual, should be usuable, without any such work. Just like every other manual I've ever seen & used.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TxDoc A119S 4
D A119S 8
Back