Insufficient adjustment using windscreen suction mount?

NeelT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just installed a pre-owned 522GW in to my BMW G20 (2020 model 330e), using the windscreen suction mount, but I can't get sufficient adjustment to enable my dash cam to see properly...it's pointing too high up.

I've checked the ball joint on the bracket and it's at maximum adjustment, in fact, the back of the mount is touching the charging cable.

It's either:
- the rake on the windscreen is more than the mount can accommodate,
- I'm using the mount incorrectly, or
- I need a different mount (Click & GO?)?

Has anyone successfully installed one of these in to a G20...?

Thanks.

Not sure what degree your windshield rake on your car, but suction mount works great in my 2013 MB B250, able to aim 522GW with Rear View with no issues

I also do some new car pickup and delivery for dealership, and take dashcam with me and use the suction mount in multiple cars without any problems

Not sure what degree your windshield rake on your car, but suction mount works great in my 2013 MB B250, able to aim 522GW with Rear View with no issues

I also do some new car pickup and delivery for dealership, and take dashcam with me and use the suction mount in multiple cars without any problems
Thanks. That's really interesting, and makes my situation even more curious...

Hello,

Is the power cable plugged directly into the top of the camera please? This would stop the mount from angling correctly. Please ensure the cable is plugged directly into the GPS mount and not into the cam itself.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hello,

Is the power cable plugged directly into the top of the camera please? This would stop the mount from angling correctly. Please ensure the cable is plugged directly into the GPS mount and not into the cam itself.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support
Hi Millie.
I’m using the suction mount (PSA) so the cable goes directly in to the device.
Even if it didn’t, the mount still appears to be at maximum adjustment, with no further movement possible….

Attachments

• E9C7B044-ABE0-4767-8C49-EA8D4F343E76.jpeg
    E9C7B044-ABE0-4767-8C49-EA8D4F343E76.jpeg
    521.9 KB · Views: 5
Here is my power cord, have taken dashcam off the mount to take this, sorry for bright sunshine
AEB49E9E-68BB-4C11-BBAE-F89886A7E497.jpeg

Attachments

• D3C018FB-4232-4F60-AB4D-A7C59369A453.jpeg
    D3C018FB-4232-4F60-AB4D-A7C59369A453.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back