iPass Black SD card

Mitch

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I have two questions on my mind:
1. Where can I find a cheaper source to purchase the iPass Black Itronics 32gb SD card, like this one...
http://coretech.com.au/shop/categories/ ... 32gb-card/

itronics_32gb_sdcard.jpg

2. Who is the OEM for the iPass Black Itronics SD card? What is the heat tolerance of this SD card?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitch said:
I have two questions on my mind:
1. Where can I find a cheaper source to purchase the iPass Black Itronics 32gb SD card, like this one...
http://coretech.com.au/shop/categories/ ... 32gb-card/

itronics_32gb_sdcard.jpg

2. Who is the OEM for the iPass Black Itronics SD card? What is the heat tolerance of this SD card?
Why would you want to pay $120.00 for a 32gb SD card?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice guys! I purchased an authentic Kingston Ultimate X 32gb class 10 SD card from ebay. After two days of use, the ITB100HD is recording on the card without any error so far. I hope the SD card can constantly withstand the high cabin temperature when the car is parked outdoor under the direct hot sun measured between 65-70°C.... if not, soon I will have another melted new SD card.

prodSD-SD10G2-img.jpg

Specifications

Capacities1: 8GB, 16GB3, 32GB3
Speed2: 100X or 15MB/s write speed
Compatible with SDHC host devices only

File System: FAT 323
Class 10: 10MB/s min. data transfer rate; great for HD video recording
Compliant: with the SD Card Association card 3.01 specification
Compatible: with SDHC host devices; not compatible with standard SD-enabled devices/readers
Secure: built-in write-protect switch prevents accidental data loss
Reliable: lifetime warranty
Dimensions: 0.94" x 1.26" x 0.08" (24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm)
Operating Temperatures: 13ºF to 185ºF (-25ºC to 85ºC)
Storage Temperatures: 40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)
Voltage: 3.3v

Mitch said:
Thanks for the advice guys! I purchased an authentic Kingston Ultimate X 32gb class 10 SD card from ebay. After two days of use, the ITB100HD is recording on the card without any error so far. I hope the SD card can constantly withstand the high cabin temperature when the car is parked outdoor under the direct hot sun measured between 65-70°C.... if not, soon I will have another melted new SD card.

prodSD-SD10G2-img.jpg

Specifications

Capacities1: 8GB, 16GB3, 32GB3
Speed2: 100X or 15MB/s write speed
Compatible with SDHC host devices only

File System: FAT 323
Class 10: 10MB/s min. data transfer rate; great for HD video recording
Compliant: with the SD Card Association card 3.01 specification
Compatible: with SDHC host devices; not compatible with standard SD-enabled devices/readers
Secure: built-in write-protect switch prevents accidental data loss
Reliable: lifetime warranty
Dimensions: 0.94" x 1.26" x 0.08" (24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm)
Operating Temperatures: 13ºF to 185ºF (-25ºC to 85ºC)
Storage Temperatures: 40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)
Voltage: 3.3v

Good luck.
My ITB gets hot so I have to wonder how it will perform in the summer months. I have several cards to try for now but I'll have to wait until July.

My ITB gets hot so I have to wonder how it will perform in the summer months

It will perform brilliantly. Mine filmed perfectly last summer, when in-car temperature was 69 degrees Celsius (156F) taken with an indoor thermometer placed on top of the dash. My car is always parked in bright sun, at home and at the office. No trees, no shade. + My car is black, so worst case scenario.

Tommy said:

It will perform brilliantly. Mine filmed perfectly last summer, when in-car temperature was 69 degrees Celsius (156F) taken with an indoor thermometer placed on top of the dash. My car is always parked in bright sun, at home and at the office. No trees, no shade. + My car is black, so worst case scenario.

Well that's good to learn. Thanks.

Tommy said:

It's good to know the DVR is tried and tested to withstand high heat. 69 °C is really a hot interior cabin temperature. BTW, which SD card did you use in your DVR?

Back