iPhone 6 Plus video distortion

Critical-Mass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wondered how many other people have discovered the issue of unwatchable video filmed from a dash-mounted iPhone 6 Plus?

The optical image stabilization on my iPhone 6+ means that there is awful video distortion when used in a car mount. The video it produces looks to have been shot through a sloshing bowl of jelly.

The Apple "guru" today advised that it's only to be expected, as the camera was never designed to be used in a moving vehicle. Even the minor vibration associated with low speed driving on good quality roads seems too much for Apple's flagship phone to cope with. In contrast, my Samsung Galaxy S5 works like a dream.

I'll stick to Samsung in future - it's never let me down.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Never owned a "fruit company" product, and ther excuse do confuse me as i cant see why a OIS camera cant be used in a car or seemingly in anything else moving.

Dont have a car cradle so i cant test my cheap ass HTC 8S, but it did work fine strapped to the front of a G-scale modeltrain.

Thanks everyone for your comments! The wonderful iPhone 6+ won't let mere mortals deactivate image stabilisation, it seems. The helpful chap in the Apple store suggested that I could always buy a second iPhone 6+ (only £550) and see if that was any better than mine. Needless to say, I declined...

Back