Fail to download to iPhone

Rodders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve had a nextbase 312 now for about 4 years and to start with it downloaded to my phone ok.
I’ve not needed and still don’t need to download to my phone but tried the other day and it wouldn’t have it.
I have since buying the camera however changed phones but I’m pretty sure I’ve connected it to the cameras wifi successfully so am now wondering why it won’t download.
Anyone got any ideas?
If nobody can help I reckon I’ll just go back to Halfords who wired it in and see what they come up with.

I’ve tried again and now I’m getting this.

Attachments

• 834C5FB5-B871-4BB0-B035-3B03F489B904.png
    834C5FB5-B871-4BB0-B035-3B03F489B904.png
    425 KB · Views: 6
Update.
So, after speaking to a very knowledgeable young man (Sam) at my local (Rugby) Halfords he informs me that the nextbase dash cam app does now no longer support the 312gw.
It now only supports the later models 322 on.
So thanks nextbase I won’t be buying another one of your products if that is the way you treat past customers.
Sam did however advise me how I can download to a laptop using the small card reader that came with the cam.
Goodness knows how managed to do it but I did.
Next is to figure out if I can if needed send them to somewhere else ie my iPhone.

Yeah the guy in Halfords told me about this but it was to transfer the data from the cam to a laptop.
One fits into the laptop usb and the small micro card fits inside the other.
I’m hoping I can figure out how to transfer from laptop to phone without buying anymore bits and bobs.

Attachments

• 01E8A001-48CB-4570-B52A-CB45CFD4B98D.jpeg
    01E8A001-48CB-4570-B52A-CB45CFD4B98D.jpeg
    380.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 5C4FFAD1-ADE1-492D-95AB-09D7A337B9CC.jpeg
    5C4FFAD1-ADE1-492D-95AB-09D7A337B9CC.jpeg
    406.4 KB · Views: 2
The one I recommended will transfer directly to your iPhone.

I’m hoping I can figure out how to transfer from laptop to phone without buying anymore bits and bobs.

Assuming you have an Apple laptop, check out Airdrop which is an app which you already have on both your laptop and your phone.

Use AirDrop on your Mac

With AirDrop, you can wirelessly send documents, photos, videos, websites, map locations, and more to a nearby Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

No I’ve got a Lenovo but I’m sure there will be ways to transfer.
Too be honest I was just wondering why the hell I couldn’t download from the cam to phone till I found out from the Halfords guy that the nextbase app is no longer supported.
Getting files from the laptop to the phone should be a doddle after all the hours I spent wondering what I was doing wrong only to be told that.

You can use the Apple Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader to transfer videos and photos to your iPhone. You'll need an SD to microSD card adapter. You may have received one along with the purchase of your memory card.

You'll find many similar non-Apple products on Amazon. People often report mixed results with some of these products due to compatibility issues, but they may be worth exploring.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=iPhone+card+reader

View attachment 59854
Just been onto the Amazon site and this one seems to go up to iPhone 8+ but doesn’t state if it goes beyond. Our phones are iPhone 11. Any idea if the one you suggest works with them?

Just been onto the Amazon site and this one seems to go up to iPhone 8+ but doesn’t state if it goes beyond. Our phones are iPhone 11. Any idea if the one you suggest works with them?

As I mentioned, many of the aftermarket products don't work well because of compatibility issues. The after market products require a license from Apple to have the circuitry that makes them compatible with their products. Often on Amazon products that may claim to be authorized really are not and then you end up with something that doesn't function well or at all. That's not to say they are all like that but it's a crap shoot. I would recommend that you go with the one direct from Apple so that you'll be sure to have something that will work with any model iPhone you have. Apple products are costly but sometimes its the best way to go.

Last edited:
You can use the Apple Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader to transfer videos and photos to your iPhone. You'll need an SD to microSD card adapter. You may have received one along with the purchase of your memory card.

You'll find many similar non-Apple products on Amazon. People often report mixed results with some of these products due to compatibility issues, but they may be worth exploring.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=iPhone+card+reader

View attachment 59854
Thanks for that info. I bought one of these £10.99 and the Kingston sdhc memory card adapter £1.25.
So for £12.24 you’ve helped me solve a problem that Nextbase couldn’t help me with after emails flying back and forth telling me to do this that and the other. Plug it into the phone go to files and there they all are. Brilliant.
One happy bunny.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    780.9 KB · Views: 4
That's great news!

Frankly, it was the result I was expecting to hear if you bought one of these as I've had a Lighting to SD Card Adapter for years that I currently use with an iPad and iPhone 12.

Anyway, this question has come up from time to time here on DCT from Apple device owners, so hopefully others with the same problem will find this thread.

Back