Iroad V9. 2ch x 1080p Sony CMOS, WiFI, GPS, BDP, 24/7 Parking. Quad Core Cortex A31,

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
1.jpg

Iroad V9 - World first Quad Core 2 Channel Dashcamera.

- Official website

• Quad Core Cortex A31 Processors
  • Front and Rear camera 1080p / Sony Exmor CMOS Sensor.
  • GPS, WiFi.
  • Automatic WiFi Connectivity
  • Format Free
  • Front and Rear Live view
  • Battery discharge prevention function
  • Voice guidance
  • Operating Temperature : -30~-80, Storage Temperature : -30~-90, Humidity : 10~95%

Low profile, discrete design and mounting solution for front and rear camera.

Bit-rate ?!

From specs and hardware we can say it is is almost fully loaded, the only thing which need to pay attention to - is bit-rate.

Tech.specs says: 32Gb memory card can record 2 Channels at 1080p / 30Fps total 7h.20min
It means that if it would be only 1 channel, it would record 14h 40min at 1080p 30Fps on 32Gb memory card.
According to recording time calculator it makes only 5Mbps bit-rate.

- YouTube VIDEOS

Price:
In Singapore is around 365usd.
In Europe Union ( Netherlands ) 339 Eur.

2.jpg

3 copy.jpg

4.jpg

low bitrate is likely more about stability, expect it won't deliver optimum results though

the camera connectors look like the same type Blackvue use which can be problematic

We received our review sample this morning.
At first sight we were surprised by the low bitrate encoding but encoder H.264 IROAD is really well controlled.
There is no point having a high bitrate if the encoder, cmos sensor and lens does not follow
I'll post a video soon

Capture Front Picture from Vidéo
Bit rate : 1 799 Kbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 30 Im/s

Capture rear Picture from Video
Bit rate : 1 510 Kbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 30 Im/s

Last edited:
It's JDR extension but you can export to .AVI
Now i have a problem because Avi file is not reconized with Adobe premiere PRO
I must use another video editing software

the bitrate is calculated differently, it will be equivilent of 10mbit to 12mbit in MOV format

It's JDR extension but you can export to .AVI
Now i have a problem because Avi file is not reconized with Adobe premiere PRO
I must use another video editing software

You can share raw / original video files to download ( dropbox, mega.co.nz ) and I will check with my video editing software if JDR works on it.

My first test was with a still image so that the bitrate is low about 1.8Mbps.
IRoad therefore adapts the bitrate depending on the video which optimizes instead of the memory card.

One thing indeed problematic is what framerate variable and not fixed at 30fps which should cause compatibility problems with software video editing as with Adobe Premiere PRO

I think it's a bug because video are not smooth with this exotic framerate, same problem with their video playback software

My personal opinion if editing two videos ( front + rear cam ) into one video, then it is better to position rear camera footage into centre of front video or 50/50 split screen. Otherwise can not see numberplates of front cars if positioning rear camera footage at the bottom part of main video.

Editing was done with AVS Video Editor. It is most user-friendly software for dashcam video editings, in my opinion..

I can now edit the video with Adobe premiere PRO
We must remux the video and the result is rather good
IROAD must now modify the software to export videos with the correct header and good Framerate

I can now edit the video with Adobe premiere PRO
We must remux the video and the result is rather good
IROAD must now modify the software to export videos with the correct header and good Framerate

Nice professional looking intro of your video.

Will 128GB micro sd card work on this one instead of 32GB/64GB?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Regarding video formats it says on the official website that the v9 does avi and mp4?

Back