Is it okay to *avoid* wiring my rear camera into the reverse lights?

CodeSeven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Claoner Dashcam
I just bought this dash cam .. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07V79YXG9 .. and the wires to wire it into the reverse lights don't seem to be optional; they're part of the rear camera.

I don't need that feature, though, as my car already has a reversing camera, with the screen in the dashboard.

Can I just tuck these away alongside the USB cable that runs through to the front-facing camera? Should I seal them off with some tape first? Do I *have* to wire it into the revserse lights?

Thanks in advance.

Yerah. I think if that part are wired up to your reversing light, that is just what make the camera live view change to the rear cameram so if you dont wire up that part the camera will just be normal and if you want to see the rear feed you will have to push some buttons.

Cool. Thanks for the feedback. Presumably I should wrap some tape around the ends of the wires before I tuck them away?

could do that, or just bundle them uip with a zip tie or something like that, TBH i have never handled a camera like this with those additional wires.

Not sure what the wires do, but it won't hurt to tape them to prevent something from shorting.

Phil

Thanks guys! I'll tape them and zip tie them, just to be sure :)

It's always good to Electrical Tape any unused "connection" or exposed wire... to prevent shorting issues, audio/video interference issues, etc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Hardwiring and Batteries 7
Back