Is it possible to have the firmware updated so that settings change at different times?

dirtymoney

Reaction score
Country
United States
I ask this because I own an A118 and the problem I routinely have is that I drive to work during the day and drive home after dark and keeping optimum settings for the drastic change in light is difficult. I either have to have it too bright or too dark. No middle ground that works well.

Ideally I'd LOVE to be able to program the settings to change at a certain time I can pick. At 9pm (after sunset) the settings automatically changes to better night recording. At 6am (at sunrise) the settings would change so footage isnt washed out (like it would be if it was set for night vision)

I plan on buying an A119S and maybe the better night vision capability will make this unnecessary. But I wanted to throw the idea out there to the manufacturer if it is possible.

Last edited:
Normally what settings will you change for night recording?

Normally what settings will you change for night recording?

Well, I don't own a A119s yet, but I assume the settings are similar to the A118 so... the EV settings.

for A119 you wouldn't need to make this sort of setting, it would give much better results without having to change

for A119 you wouldn't need to make this sort of setting, it would give much better results without having to change

I was hoping this would be the case. Thanks.

Edit: I didnt want to make an extra post so I thought I'd add it in here....

If anyone owns both the A118 and A119 could you compare the two's angle of the lens at its up-most reach when it comes to being mounted the slightly unusual way I mounted my A118? I'd like to make sure that there wont be a difference if I mount the A119 in the same way I mounted my A118.

See pic...

Attachments

• n5PIlat.jpg
    n5PIlat.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I was hoping this would be the case. Thanks.

Edit: I didnt want to make an extra post so I thought I'd add it in here....

If anyone owns both the A118 and A119 could you compare the two's angle of the lens at its up-most reach when it comes to being mounted the slightly unusual way I mounted my A118? I'd like to make sure that there wont be a difference if I mount the A119 in the same way I mounted my A118.

See pic...
Is this what you're asking for?

IMG_20160727_091559~01.jpg IMG_20160727_091641~01.jpg

When I look at them directly on edge, it looks like the a118 can go maybe 2-3 degrees lower (towards the ground in your mount location) than the 119. That said, when the 119 is mounted the way they have it shown on the box in the first picture I have here, the 19 can go perfectly horizontal, while the 18 is pointed a lot more towards the ground - maybe as much as 20 degrees! So the 19 is much more suitable for being mounted on perfectly vertical windows... Which is good since I'm planning to put my pre production 19 on the back window of my pickup truck, which really is pretty much perfectly vertical.

Last edited:
Back