Is my replacement 0803 also faulty?!

azibux1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've had my second 0803 for nearly 1 month now, and noticed the other day that the LED no longer flashes red and blue when recording, it is only blue... Flicking / knocking the camera seems to bring the red LED back to life temporarily

Also now when I've played back some footage, when the road is slightly un-even or when the car is going anything around maybe 20mph or over... There is a rattling / interference noise in the audio that has been recorded, which I think is related to this LED as it never used to happen

Anyone else ever have this?!

I'm wondering if I should just send it back and give up. Don't want to do that as I really like the size of the camera etc, but it is getting annoying now. First one would hardly ever make a connection through the mount, so it wouldn't auto power on etc

Do I bother getting a replacement or just return this for a refund? Is there any other similar size / discrete dashcam for similar money?

Might be worth trying this:

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/gps-dock-pin-repair.649

Alternatively it may be worth trying the A118 as that's discrete.

There is supposed to be an 0805 build on a similar platform to the G90 but no idea if that's right or how far off that is.

Did you see th Innovv C3 or the Monius?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to try this on the initial one, but did it a bit too much and had to re-pack it with paper

I know some might complain about me saying this, but I just don't expect to have to do this sort of stuff when spending £60 on something?

Also, it won't fix the LED issue, I'm not fussed if the LED isn't working, but the noise in the audio is annoying, which never happened before

I will try the packing the camera part of the mount with paper/electrical tape which I've also seen here, as my camera is a bit loose in the mount (although the connection is solid)... Maybe that will make the camera a bit more solid and maybe fix the issue

Will give it a go

Also I only just saw the rest of your message, ooops, I'll take a look at those possible alternatives also

Thanks! :)

the LED no longer flashes red and blue when recording, it is only blue... Flicking / knocking the camera seems to bring the red LED back to life temporarily
The red led indicates that it is charging, when it is fully charged the red led turns off leaving just the flashing blue - it is working normally. The fact that it comes back temporarily after a knock may indicate a loose connection but I wouldn't treat it as a fault as long as it doesn't turn off after a knock.

Ahhh right okay, makes a bit more sense now then

I'll try the mod of unscrewing the camera mount piece and putting some tape under there to try and get rid of the wobble while it is in the mount then and see how it goes

You could also power the camera directly using the usb connection on the camera body.

Back