Is the power kit useful for Finevu CR500HD?

jamesbcd said:
I brought mine from Canada, Alex at blackboxmycar.

Plus has the extra connection, only bought it just in case I ever get a rear cam.

Yes, that was the other seller I was looking at, but if anything goes wrong with the camera it has to be returned to Korea at my cost, whereas with the UK seller I just return to him and he replaces and deals with faulty one...

Did you incur and import tax on the camera?

Thanks for your replies :D

Nutttytart said:
jamesbcd said:
I brought mine from Canada, Alex at blackboxmycar.

Plus has the extra connection, only bought it just in case I ever get a rear cam.

Yes, that was the other seller I was looking at, but if anything goes wrong with the camera it has to be returned to Korea at my cost, whereas with the UK seller I just return to him and he replaces and deals with faulty one...

Did you incur and import tax on the camera?

Thanks for your replies :D

I've actually already had to sent it back as mine was faulty. I think it was £15 insured to post. I don't mind though, peace of mind as he's an authorized seller etc. Not sure if the UK one is?
Alex also has the version with the black ring instead of the gold, a bit more subtle.

Yes, import tax was £35. :(

It was decent. Though my unit was faulty so I'm sure it could be better.

jamesbcd said:

Hi James
Did you resolve your issues with the picture quality of your camera?
Or did you return the camera for a refund?
Would you recommend buying one costing £200+ if the quality isn't as good as depicted on the youtube clips?

Cheers Donna :?

jamesbcd said:

Also would you incur import tax every time the unit is shipped back to you?

Nutttytart said:
Hi James
Did you resolve your issues with the picture quality of your camera?
Or did you return the camera for a refund?
Would you recommend buying one costing £200+ if the quality isn't as good as depicted on the youtube clips?

Cheers Donna :?

I haven't had a chance to, still waiting for my replacement. Still stuck at customs :(
I wouldn't no, £200 is a lot of money and there are cheaper alternatives around if you ask on the forums. There are some knowledgeable people here who know their stuff (I don't haha).
I bought the CR500 on the basis that it was a very good camera and that ~$355 would get me a lot of camera for the money. So I'd expect a top quality cam for the money else I'd be unhappy.

Nutttytart said:
Also would you incur import tax every time the unit is shipped back to you?
Hopefully not. He said I would not incur a charge as he has marked it as warranty replcacement etc.

I was looking at the CR500 because of the parking mode... as people at work don't give a ---- when opening their doors or parking next to you... and some of the cars have been purposely scratched, but we have no CCTV in the car park...

These camera choices are a mine field... I already have the Smart Witness and am not impressed with the night vision... day time fine...

So you wouldn't recommend the CR500 in your opinion?

Thanks James...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
alexsoll CR-500HD 1
C CR-500HD 3
Milamber CR-500HD 0
Milamber CR-500HD 1
Back